35 Outlaw  stock 26P prop question >

35 Outlaw stock 26P prop question

Notices

35 Outlaw stock 26P prop question

Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 35 Outlaw stock 26P prop question

Just recently bought the boat sorting minor issues out the props had nicks on both not sure how much they are effecting performance but took both of them to the prop shop today just to get them back to stock condition Chris pointed out more blades than just the nicked ones had been hit but again nothing major. Once I get the props back I will get baseline numbers.

I have spoke with Brett at bblades and have the forms to fill out and will send the props and details in at the end of the season.

Here is what I notice so far it comes up faster on plane than a 33 Outlaw I had I'm sure the stepped hull on this one is a factor, it takes a long time to hit 5000RPM
well over a minute my question is what would be an option or options if I I choose to buy a new set of props for;

All around performance?
Best top end speed?

I have always had a spare set of props in the past looking for input as I am sure I'll buy a set and may end up sending the stock 26P B1 to bblades sooner than end of season......if I only had patience I would have a lot more money!

Appreciate any help.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello Awash,

First make sure the props are truly back to stock. (I know, how do you tell that?)
Next, baseline performance numbers are a must to determine the route to peruse.

Let us know the engines, recommended WOT, the props are (B1's?) etc. etc.
The folks on here are always great at pointing you down the right path and we'll get you dialed in. We just need more seat time and info to get there.

Brett

Oh yeah, tweaked 4 blades will most likely be the best end all but other options will have to be determined by you.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Brett,

The local shop is has a good rep for blade restoration/repair (He admits hes NOT a performance blade shop) but I went over the props with him he has a Rundquist (sp?) pitch and rake machine and I can always check them on a coordinate measuring machine I have access too but I'm confident he has the tools and equipment to return to the props to stock.

Agree need more time and will fill out the sheets from your website but looking for a an option to purchase a new set and send these 26P B1 props North to you. I'm not sure if I should just buy the same things for a spare set or if I would be safe going up in pitch a little for more top end.

Boat has 496 HO's rev limiter kicks in at 5100 would want to run 4900 to 5000
Old 07-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Registered
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Awash,

We build two different style 4 blades. We can control your bow lift, or tail lift as needed. We have done props for your boat in the past, and will be glad to share our results with you. If interested, please call 330-425-4266.

Thanks,

Thom