Experts Speak Up !!!

Notices

Experts Speak Up !!!

Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Ragged,

Testing 5 blade stock propellers is the next move.

Let us know if we can assist in that realm.

Brett

Brett,

Have done some testing with a number of different 5 blade sets and have a chit load of data. What kind of info would you like to see?

Please do not think I just some hoser here, I want a good set of props for this boat and realize real good chit comes at a price.

Ragged

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 07-23-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
MC,

The 38 hull in a staggered configuration is faster than the side by side 35 with the same power. My goal here is to run a solid number with killer handling and not be F'n the chit out of things just to get the boat on plane. Thanks for the input here, keep things coming, this could be a learning deal for many of us here if the prop wizards get into this.

Ragged
Fwiw It aint that expensive, the next page in development for my rig is Brett and I working on out doing my set of herings on the top end numbers. The 38 i taked about is a semi stagger. And it weighs a ton more than your flyweight 35.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Brett,

Have done some testing with a number of different 5 blade sets and have a chit load of data. What kind of info would you like to see?

Please do not think I just some hoser here, I want a good set of props for this boat and realize real good chit comes at a price.

Ragged
Please email me your 5 blade test data. [email protected] I'll go through it and we can talk on the phone from there.
We can cover much more ground without me typing.

Brett
Old 07-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Registered
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have had good success with our P-5 X's on the 35 Fountains. The labbed Maximus props end up close to our stock P-5 X's. We have a 1 year warranty, and can ship out of stock at prices lower than labbed 5 blades. Also, labbed props generally have no warranty. With our 30 day return & exchange program, and props available in every inch of pitch, you can't lose.

Thom
Old 07-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hec2buck
We have had good success with our P-5 X's on the 35 Fountains. The labbed Maximus props end up close to our stock P-5 X's. We have a 1 year warranty, and can ship out of stock at prices lower than labbed 5 blades. Also, labbed props generally have no warranty. With our 30 day return & exchange program, and props available in every inch of pitch, you can't lose.

Thom
With all due respect Thom, the P5X rarely, if ever, out perform a Labbed Maximus. Maximus propellers have a huge canvas to work with. The P5X is small. They are great props in the right application but beating Labbed Maximus, nope.

Last edited by bbladesprops; 07-25-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hec2buck

Thom
Thank you for posting. I do not want to start any crap here but. My side by side 38 ran 89.9 @ 5300 rpms w the p5x. It planed great and hadled great.Then i put sportmaster -2s on it and it ran. 90.2 @ 5400 rpms wouldnt plane very good at all and chinewalked. I put stock maximus on and hit 94.8 and got on plane great and handles remarkable
Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Brett aka BBlades and Thom aka Hydromotive thank you both for the responses here. I have data with Merc props as well as Hydromotives. Both brands have their plus and minus traits on this hull.

So where would we go from here? I am looking for a set of real sweet all around props, all around being the key here, so how do I get there?

Let me throw this out there, I'm looking for a set of props that will run a decent number, 90 in this case is not a big reach for this set up, a solid running attitude, able to come on plane without a whole lot of F'n around, boat has a very high X and I do not expect it will come up like a Sea Ray bow rider, but should not take a country mile to get it there. If I am way out of it here feel free to tell me. Speak to me, please and thank you!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Registered

Brett aka BBlades and Thom aka Hydromotive thank you both for the responses here. I have data with Merc props as well as Hydromotives. Both brands have their plus and minus traits on this hull.

So where would we go from here? I am looking for a set of real sweet all around props, all around being the key here, so how do I get there?

Let me throw this out there, I'm looking for a set of props that will run a decent number, 90 in this case is not a big reach for this set up, a solid running attitude, able to come on plane without a whole lot of F'n around, boat has a very high X and I do not expect it will come up like a Sea Ray bow rider, but should not take a country mile to get it there. If I am way out of it here feel free to tell me. Speak to me, please and thank you!
Evidently you have not called B blades. You should call them if you want to get on plane like gravy and run mid 90's w the same props. That is all I will say on this..!! Listen to me this time

Last edited by mcprodesign; 07-25-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Labbed Maximus by BBlades have been the best all around prop on every stepped hull, high X Fountain I've run them on, from 32-47'. Some props may have been faster (but not usually), but none have planned, cruised, and handled nearly as well as the Maximus. Let Brett set up a pair for you. He knows the recipe for the best all around prop for your boat.