Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Help propping a older 24 x 7 - Sunsation Rocket w/ BBC 500HP - Rev4?? >

Help propping a older 24 x 7 - Sunsation Rocket w/ BBC 500HP - Rev4??

Notices

Help propping a older 24 x 7 - Sunsation Rocket w/ BBC 500HP - Rev4??

Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Turbo was the name of a 3-bladed prop from Hydromotive, I don't know if they make them any more but you might be able to get one from Hydromotive, contact "hec2buck" on here, he is Hydromotive.
Lee,

Your a little confused.

Precision Propellers made and created the Turbo brand propeller not Hydromotive. Precision Propellers was started by a wonderful gentleman named Jim Booe decades ago. A few years back Yamaha bought Precision Propellers.

Now, there is a relationship between Precision Propellers/Yamaha and Hydromotive. However, there is no relationship between Hydromotive and Turbo specifically.
Precision propellers has done substantial work for Hydromotive over the years and is still helping them. I can really go into to much additional details as I don't think Thom and his company would appreciate me talking outside of school. Somethings they may desire to remain their own secrets and it is not for me to say.

Bottom line is the propeller you have pictured is not a Hydromotive.

Brett

cdaniel525,
The test fee is $45 "per" propeller. You can test 1 or 6 or as many props at a time as you wish with no strings or purchase requirements attached.
Thank you,
Brett
Old 08-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Brett, I am not confused because Hydromotive is where I bought several of them, anyways, I don't know what your experience is with a early Sunsation Rocket but I owned one for 6yrs and a Bravo I prop on that boat is not a "smart option" matter of fact it is probably the worst option. Have you ever driven in a Rocket with a Bravo I prop?
Old 08-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Lee,
I wasn't trying to insult you I just know the background of these company's.

So Hydromotive sold you a Turbo propeller. They can do that. My point is that Hydromotive does not produce Turbo Lightning propellers.
I could sell you a Turbo Lightning too.

If you read the first post you will that the Bravo 1 didn't perform perfect but didn't perform terrible.

I have not driven a Rocket with a Bravo 1 but I have propped them.
Have you ever driven a rocket with a non stock 14.75" Lab Finished extra rake angle BBLADES propeller?

Anyway, You obviously didn't like the Bravo 1 because it didn't work well for you. The Lightning did just what you needed.
We have some Turbo Lightning propellers for testing if anyone would like to do so.

Brett
Old 08-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Brett,
No offense taken, he asked "What other props would be suggested?" for the Rocket and I just gave him my $.02 from my personal experience with the same boat. I don't think whoever designed, company acquired by, or who sells it is reverent to the prop itself, if the prop works is all that matters.