Prop or x dimension? >

Prop or x dimension?

Notices

Prop or x dimension?

Old 10-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop or x dimension?

Ok, so I have a 22" daytona roughly 800 hp was running a stock B1 outdrive with a hydromotive cone 1.5 ratio. ran a 35p merc labbed prop ran 111 5800rpm. So i broke the B1 about 3 weeks later, went to -2 Imco Sc shorty 1.34 ratio. Ran the same 35P prop just to try it, boat pulled 111 again, took forever to get there but 5300 rpm. Today i ran a 30p bravo 1 that has had some work done to it, ran 113@5700rpm. Thing is i have to trim this boat to the MAX all the way till it stops, not trailer up of course but max trim my boat is set to, which is pretty high i would think. Pictures below of where that is. Not sure if the XD is to high? or do i need a prop with that will give more bow lift? whats odd is if you use the slip calculator you get 15% on the 35 prop, and 6% with the 30p. So not sure what i need to do now.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

our X is probably a touch high. Although, it doesn't look like it in the picture. These hulls can be a little tricky with higher x dimensions.
Was the 35 made from a 34 or 36?
What is done to the 30? The slip on this prop is too low to believe. (plus you were over trimming it)
This is a situation that should really be discussed via phone.

Brett
Old 10-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure what size it was made from, I bought it used, but i do have the box it came in from merc and it says 35 on the box and hasn't been touched since new from them. though it would make since because the 5 stamped on the prop looks like it was done by hand not engraved like the rest on a machine. i would guess the 36, i measured it came to almost 15.5 diameter

From what i know about the 30, it was sent out to someone hill or you maybe even to add 300 rpm for a 22' stoker which was needed for a whipple setup thats the prop seen in the pics.

I know it seems i am over trimming, that's why i brought it up. If i don't trim it up like that i get a really bad hop at about 85 or so and wont go away unless I max the trim then it smooths out at about 95 or so. The 35p made this hop much more dramatic and took much longer to go away much more of a hand full to drive.

Would love to talk on phone when possible. One more thing, I do plan on pulling motor and adding a little power this winter so that might change things?

Last edited by maniac0586; 10-21-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Lot's of stuff to discuss.
Call when you can.

Or, go back over the last 8 years of BBLADES free advice and set up information on this forum. Ha Ha.
I just had to put a plug in for................well for me.

Brett