Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rickdarling
Brett,

Did my props come in?

Thanks,

Rick
Hello Rick,

Yes the props arrived on 2-3.
I will be in Miami for the boat show next week. I will contact you with any questions I have post that.

Thank you,
Brett
Old 02-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by 92nsx
I'm getting ready to send my prop out and I'm sure you have seen tons and tons of props. What do you think a estimated time it would take to lab (post #6). 3 -4 hours?

Also what size box do you recommend for shipping mirage prop? Nice thing being in Mn, I can ship it threw speedee delivery to you

Thank you,

Rob
Standard Lab time frame for Mirage propellers is 4 hrs. This includes minor repairs. Your prop might require a little additional time if it needs some spot welding. That will be determined during inspection and work order creation. We are busy but not bombed. Our lead times have increased a little. If some one needs something done asap we can adjust the schedule during this time of the year. Although I am going to be in Miami, the work orders are in place and my partner and shop foreman is operating as normal throughout my time in FL. Bob and I are in contact daily with any and all questions. Bob and I share the production process and he will not be slowed down due to my absence.
Ship the propeller in any box sufficient. The propeller will return to you in a custom BBLADES box bolted to plywood. The new box is one you can store in or reuse for shipping purposes.

Thank you,
Brett
Old 02-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

H Brett.

Any room to get less slip on 4 blade 32 bravos running 14-15 percent now? I have a few dings and want to send out for repair., but wondering if I should stay with 32 and work these or jump up. I hear the 34 and 36 4 blades have inherent issues the 32s do not.

I hit 100.2 mph at 5850 rpm (rev limit) 1.5 drive last year at 50 degree water and air temp. However I was getting cav later that day on only the port side (drives spinning in). Do the metal XR flo torq hubs wear out? When I removed the props at the end of the year the rubber strips on that side were no longer attached to the hub, but no signs of metal spinning in the prop hub.

Normally runs 97 at 5700 rpm in 75 degree summer temps

I would like to load it down to 5600 summer

Thanks
Old 02-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus

Thanks

75 degrees is summer heat.... Whoa that's cool!! How long do you get in summer?
Old 02-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
75 degrees is summer heat.... Whoa that's cool!! How long do you get in summer?
Ha. I used 75 degrees because as the temps go up my speed goes down. A 90 degree day slows the boat to 94-95 and it takes a while to get there.

Our summer runs from Memorial Day until Labor Day. But our "heat" doesn't start until late June
Old 02-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Standard Lab time frame for Mirage propellers is 4 hrs. This includes minor repairs. Your prop might require a little additional time if it needs some spot welding. That will be determined during inspection and work order creation. We are busy but not bombed. Our lead times have increased a little. If some one needs something done asap we can adjust the schedule during this time of the year. Although I am going to be in Miami, the work orders are in place and my partner and shop foreman is operating as normal throughout my time in FL. Bob and I are in contact daily with any and all questions. Bob and I share the production process and he will not be slowed down due to my absence.
Ship the propeller in any box sufficient. The propeller will return to you in a custom BBLADES box bolted to plywood. The new box is one you can store in or reuse for shipping purposes.

Thank you,
Brett

Thank you for the response! I hope the Miami show was good for you guys. I'm sure you got a head start on the boat tan. One of these years I want to make it down there.

I did send the prop already out. I took a guess at the boat's weight at 6200 lbs. I had my truck, boat & trailer all weighed at the local cat scale and it was 13,700. Not sure how accurate of a weight you guys need. i figured 6,000 on truck and 1,500 lbs on trailer.

If the prop looks like it is going to be over 5 hrs or any questions, give me a call.

A little info on how the boat ran; It dose seem to run a little "flat" even with the 23 mirage Plus. I did test a regular mirage 25 a year ago and that prop blew out about half way to plain along with it not lifting the bow of my boat and only managed 50 mph. Ran a mirage Plus 17 that netted me 51 mph but was way under propped hitting rev limiter at maybe 1/2- 5/8 throttle.

Just like you guys, more snow coming today for us, so there's no hurry on the prop. Get guys that can still boat on water done before mine vs us that have to use snowmobiles to cross it
Thanks,
Rob
Old 02-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just sent you some Hydromotives Q IV to have the welded hub removed and replace with a provided XR hub
Old 02-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by 4bus
H Brett.

Any room to get less slip on 4 blade 32 bravos running 14-15 percent now? I have a few dings and want to send out for repair., but wondering if I should stay with 32 and work these or jump up. I hear the 34 and 36 4 blades have inherent issues the 32s do not.

I hit 100.2 mph at 5850 rpm (rev limit) 1.5 drive last year at 50 degree water and air temp. However I was getting cav later that day on only the port side (drives spinning in). Do the metal XR flo torq hubs wear out? When I removed the props at the end of the year the rubber strips on that side were no longer attached to the hub, but no signs of metal spinning in the prop hub.

I would like to load it down to 5600 summer

Thanks
Thanks for the opportunity 4bus.

First, yes, we should be able to overcome, to a certain extent, the14% slip with the correct Lab process. Using the correct recipe will maintain the rpm you have now. Which will be reduced slightly during the hot times of your boating season. This is what you are desiring while decreasing slip numbers.
This should also help to alleviate the cav issues on the RH prop. It has to do with the pitch progression locales and the cup height location.

The XR hubs will not typically wear out as far as the metal is concerned without major prop bore issues. A square plug in a square hole can only go so far. But, there is a long story behind the delrin strips you speak of. You mentioned them as rubber. If indeed you have a XR they are plastic/delrin a plastic composite. When we developed that insert we spent mucho time finding the correct way to attach the strips to the hub. The hub and the strips lack any porosity and it made attachment difficult with adhesives. To make a long story short, we settled on a very aggressive 2 sided tape. So the tape will eventually fail and the strip get loose or decrease the fit tolerances or fall off.
We can redo the attachment during the Labbing process.

Thanks,
Brett
Old 02-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by 92nsx
Thank you for the response! I hope the Miami show was good for you guys. I'm sure you got a head start on the boat tan. One of these years I want to make it down there.

I did send the prop already out. I took a guess at the boat's weight at 6200 lbs. I had my truck, boat & trailer all weighed at the local cat scale and it was 13,700. Not sure how accurate of a weight you guys need. i figured 6,000 on truck and 1,500 lbs on trailer.

If the prop looks like it is going to be over 5 hrs or any questions, give me a call.

A little info on how the boat ran; It dose seem to run a little "flat" even with the 23 mirage Plus. I did test a regular mirage 25 a year ago and that prop blew out about half way to plain along with it not lifting the bow of my boat and only managed 50 mph. Ran a mirage Plus 17 that netted me 51 mph but was way under propped hitting rev limiter at maybe 1/2- 5/8 throttle.

Just like you guys, more snow coming today for us, so there's no hurry on the prop. Get guys that can still boat on water done before mine vs us that have to use snowmobiles to cross it
Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,

We will definitely contact you with any questions or issues as well as the concern about pricing.
Thank you for the time frame understanding.
We'll be in touch.

Brett
Old 02-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Thanks for the opportunity 4bus.

First, yes, we should be able to overcome, to a certain extent, the14% slip with the correct Lab process. Using the correct recipe will maintain the rpm you have now. Which will be reduced slightly during the hot times of your boating season. This is what you are desiring while decreasing slip numbers.
This should also help to alleviate the cav issues on the RH prop. It has to do with the pitch progression locales and the cup height location.

The XR hubs will not typically wear out as far as the metal is concerned without major prop bore issues. A square plug in a square hole can only go so far. But, there is a long story behind the delrin strips you speak of. You mentioned them as rubber. If indeed you have a XR they are plastic/delrin a plastic composite. When we developed that insert we spent mucho time finding the correct way to attach the strips to the hub. The hub and the strips lack any porosity and it made attachment difficult with adhesives. To make a long story short, we settled on a very aggressive 2 sided tape. So the tape will eventually fail and the strip get loose or decrease the fit tolerances or fall off.
We can redo the attachment during the Labbing process.

Thanks,
Brett
Sounds great, I will print these notes and send these props and hubs out to you for labbing and repair.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.