bravo 1 prop >

bravo 1 prop

Notices

bravo 1 prop

Old 04-16-2014, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bravo 1 prop

I currently have a Mirage (not plus) 23P prop on my boat. when I go on mercury website, prop finder says I need a Bravo 1 22P prop for more speed. I always thought that a 4 blade is slower than a 3 blade.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

bigbird241,

Call us any time and we can explain the differences between 3 and 4 blade propellers. Basically, you are correct in your assumption between 3 and 4 blade propellers.
There are basic differences and then there are the reasons either can be faster or more efficient on any specific application.

Mercury's web site prop finder answers are catch all answers. Nice tool but........... those programed answers can not determine a specific situation and set up and therefore are only as good as the information put into the pre-determined answer. So, the computer can not reason.

When I worked for Mercury, the management above our department wanted us to create a program that allowed service personnel to plug in the boat power, drive unit and hull hoping you could then push a button and the program would poop out the perfect propeller. That is fantasy. It took guys like Dennis Cavanaugh and eventually thanks to Dennis myself to decipher the situation, the goals and the set up to get to the correct propeller for that situation.

Now I'm not saying the current program from Mercury doesn't have merit, it does, it gets you a good starting place. But, if you want to dial your setup in, to the best possible result for you, that program may not do you right. In fact it can't

Nothing has changed in getting to the end answer other than you can not get that answer from Mercury Racing anymore. And rarely elsewhere. Sorry to say but that customer relations touch and knowledge has ceased to exist. However, BBLADES is here to help!

So, I will stop standing on the soap box as it seems I am babbling.........
The point is that every single application has specifics that need to be considered. Or, you can just say, all is fine. It is up to the boater to determine that answer.
So, if you want to get to the bottom line , BBLADES is here to help you.

bigbird241, thanks for giving me the stage to throw out a BBLADES billboard.

Sincerely,
Brett
Old 04-17-2014, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
bigbird241,

Call us any time and we can explain the differences between 3 and 4 blade propellers. Basically, you are correct in your assumption between 3 and 4 blade propellers.
There are basic differences and then there are the reasons either can be faster or more efficient on any specific application.

Mercury's web site prop finder answers are catch all answers. Nice tool but........... those programed answers can not determine a specific situation and set up and therefore are only as good as the information put into the pre-determined answer. So, the computer can not reason.

When I worked for Mercury, the management above our department wanted us to create a program that allowed service personnel to plug in the boat power, drive unit and hull hoping you could then push a button and the program would poop out the perfect propeller. That is fantasy. It took guys like Dennis Cavanaugh and eventually thanks to Dennis myself to decipher the situation, the goals and the set up to get to the correct propeller for that situation.

Now I'm not saying the current program from Mercury doesn't have merit, it does, it gets you a good starting place. But, if you want to dial your setup in, to the best possible result for you, that program may not do you right. In fact it can't

Nothing has changed in getting to the end answer other than you can not get that answer from Mercury Racing anymore. And rarely elsewhere. Sorry to say but that customer relations touch and knowledge has ceased to exist. However, BBLADES is here to help!

So, I will stop standing on the soap box as it seems I am babbling.........
The point is that every single application has specifics that need to be considered. Or, you can just say, all is fine. It is up to the boater to determine that answer.
So, if you want to get to the bottom line , BBLADES is here to help you.

bigbird241, thanks for giving me the stage to throw out a BBLADES billboard.

Sincerely,
Brett
thanks Brett, I will give you a shout