Props turned in on Donzi 38zx >

Props turned in on Donzi 38zx

Notices

Props turned in on Donzi 38zx

Old 04-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Props turned in on Donzi 38zx

Picked up the boat about 3 weeks ago and took it to the lake this pass weekend and a buddy (RT930Turbo) noticed my props were turning in. 5 Blade 26p, I knew that maneuverability was a issue with props turned in but didn't think anything of it. We ran the boat that night pretty good, not WOT but close and she ran good, the next morning I had trouble clearing the docks as the wind kept pushing me towards them and it got a little hairy. My question is how much gain am I gonna see turning them in vs out. I would like to have maneuverability with a 38 footer over speed as long as it isn't a huge loss. Is it a top end loss or mid range too?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came across this a few days ago and was wondering about the accuracy of the writeup. This guy is saying that the boat may run faster turning them out.??
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...-efficiency%2F
Old 04-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may not like the manners at speed....my PQ turns in too, I got used to the docking. Remember, you have a big boat that catches air.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

donzi turns them in on the 38 zx. Has a little to do with speed and I also read it makes it more stable with the step hull. Going forward the 38zx handles fine around the docks. Backing up, not so much. Take your time with it and you will get the hang of it.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Trimming the drives positive helps with docking manueverabilty when turning in.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Trimming the drives positive helps with docking manueverabilty when turning in.
Positive? Is that in or out?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jonesy23
I came across this a few days ago and was wondering about the accuracy of the writeup. This guy is saying that the boat may run faster turning them out.??
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...-efficiency%2F
Just read the article and I was under the impression that turning them in gave you stern lift which gave you more speed but less maneuvering. And turning them out gave you more maneuverability and with loss of top end.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Mach 1, on his ZX props turn in
Old 04-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, turning the props outwards will give better control at docking. Turning the props outwards giving too much stern lift for my boat [ 24* deadrise with V-delta pad ] and carrying the boat too high, clearing the chines and the boat rocks side to side without tab input. Turning the props inwards lets my stern settle lower, thus giving more control with chines touching the water. My boat is faster turning in. Every boat respond differently to prop rotation so it's trial and error but it's a fact, turning out is always better handling at the dock.
That article above agrees with turning in for twins> "The counter-rotation prop works to balance (or reduce) the torque effects from the right-hand prop. Most twin engine applications are setup with the the props “turning in”; the port engine spinning right-hand and the starboard engine spinning counter clockwise".
Reggie Fountain turns in for speed ,so there, lol

Last edited by spectras only; 04-17-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by s022mag
Positive? Is that in or out?
Pos ='s out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.