Thumbs up to Hydromotive! >

Thumbs up to Hydromotive!

Notices

Thumbs up to Hydromotive!

Old 07-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumbs up to Hydromotive!

I have an 88 Seebold Eagle 265 and I've never been able to prop my boat right! I ran a couple mirage's but never had any respectable numbers. I've been running a non plus mirage 23p on my boat for a while. With my old tired peanut port motor I could only get 48 mph with 26+% slip! I was starting to think that there was something wrong with my hull! I spun a bearing with the old motor so I built a new motor this spring. I tried a 25 mirage plus and got 65 out of it. It's just a mild, typical rectangle port 454 build with headers, cam, single plane intake and a 750 quick fuel carb. The 25p was ok at best, turned 4650-4700. Since I wasn't blown away by it I decided to just bite the bullet and order a hydromotive qiv-x 24p. I always had an idea that this boat would respond well to a 4 blade. This prop made my boat a beast! When I trim up, it's like the bow is a mile up in the air! I'm also very impressed with how well this boat sticks in turns now. I was able to squeeze 68 out of it tonight with mild chop which I'm extremely happy with! I've been trying to get into the 60's since I bought the boat so I'm thrilled with the results I got with this new prop! It was worth every dime I spent on it!