looking for FAST cruising prop ? for eliminator >

looking for FAST cruising prop ? for eliminator

Notices

looking for FAST cruising prop ? for eliminator

Old 11-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dancing bear
I've talked to 2 cat guys recently and they both said the XR drives are a little weak for 5 blades. Is that true?
With your engines and that size boat no. I only had XZ drives on mine.

pstorti, your experience says you had same top speed with 29P 5 blade as a 30P 4 blade. Is that normal when you go to 5B should you go down 1 pitch?
Yes

I also loved your action on opening air intake, it even seems to my newbie eyes it's a little short on air intake.
Trust me do back to back top speed runs and you will see the difference, if you have those slotted billet aluminum intakes. Your engines must be starving more than mine I only had 375hp per side.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes stock props boats runs very well with them. 34 5 blade maximus
Old 11-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Registered

Proves my point then, there is no substitute for testing props on your own boat, even the same model can be different from one to the next. on my 28 I hit a wall at 80mph with the Maximus, but since you have more power and its a 30 they worked.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

well after talking to BBlades AND Bob Leach owner Eliminator, and a couple guys here I'm going with 34" 5 maximus. Seems to be the right blade for starters! MANY MANY thanks for everybody and looking forward for more improvements for my fast cruiser.

Seeing how I'm 65 and have boated for 60 of those years I've gotta stay out of the sun, so here's my next question, I have factory really nice hide away bimini top. stainless, proper length etc. Bob sez 60 MPH tops,mmmmmmmmm this boat doesn't come alive until 80!
Anybody ever see a custom permanent aluminum top, something like the newer cobalts on a catamaran? Yea, yea, I'm walking into that one but with my skin issues I'm gonna stay fast on water one way or the other! chuck
Old 11-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Look into whoever is the best welder in your area for T-tops and center console fishing boat rigging. I am sure they could make something work for you, but it would have to be made with studs through bolted into the gunwales. This would also allow you to remove it fairly easily. Remember, it's not just on the water that you have to worry about it, but on the trailer too, towing at highway speeds. The T-tops on the go-fast CCs often slow them down by 5 mph or so, and they also turn them into sailboats when on the trailer.

You may be better off investing in sun-block clothing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]532544[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails looking for FAST cruising prop ? for eliminator-1.jpg  
Old 11-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Oh yea, the best guy is right across from my shop, he does incredible work here on the north side of Houston. All kinds of t tops, raised seating platforms of all kinds, built in rocket launchers and cup holders etc etc. Once I get a design I'm sure he'll be able to do anything I can come up with. I've just never seen a go fast of any kind with an aftermarket top on it. I've seen some big cruisers with add on hard tops that were absolutely perfect and looked like they came with the boat. Yea, get that on a cat! LOL!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

dancing bear what kind of boat is your diesel cc, just noticed that in your sig.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have a 2004 390 Sea Ray motoryacht, aft cabin type boat. twin 480 cummins, boat does 35mph. That's fast for that type boat, just takes 50 GPH to do that!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Registered

Oh ok thought it was a center console, not bad for that huge thing. I cruise at 50 burning 25 GPH!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by dancing bear
Oh yea, the best guy is right across from my shop, he does incredible work here on the north side of Houston. All kinds of t tops, raised seating platforms of all kinds, built in rocket launchers and cup holders etc etc. Once I get a design I'm sure he'll be able to do anything I can come up with. I've just never seen a go fast of any kind with an aftermarket top on it. I've seen some big cruisers with add on hard tops that were absolutely perfect and looked like they came with the boat. Yea, get that on a cat! LOL!
Here our Talon 25 with a custom built Bimini top that is good till about 70MPH. At least that is as fast as I have had it up to....
Attached Thumbnails looking for FAST cruising prop ? for eliminator-talon-bird-island1-8-17-14.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.