Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Michigan Wheel or Mercury Mirage Plus props??? >

Michigan Wheel or Mercury Mirage Plus props???

Notices

Michigan Wheel or Mercury Mirage Plus props???

Old 02-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michigan Wheel or Mercury Mirage Plus props???

I have a pretty idea what pitch I need to move up to, currently Mirage Plus 23 to a 25 pitch. Here's the question...has anyone used Michigan Wheel props on a Bravo One drive or should I stick with the Mercury prop, good or bad?
Old 02-09-2015, 11:09 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Michigan Wheel is more entry level so is Turning point props. I would use a Solas if your app is under 350 hp - over most aftermarket brand props except for Hydromotive & Power tech. Solas pricing is not bad either putting them closer to entry level dollar wise.

A few might add Turbo props in the mix but Yamaha owns them in which is not bad but really Yamaha could careless about putting R&D in for Bravo apps.

I posted what I did because I take it you are looking at price as Merc and Hydromotive and of course Hering are the most expensive.

If really your choice is only MW or Merc - I would go with Merc and why not a 4 blade ?

Last edited by BUP; 02-09-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:21 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

forgot, just to add Solas is the largest OEM marine engine supplier for props in the world. They are OEM props for Evinrude outboard not all but one line, Also for Nissan & Tahatsu outboards, Honda outboards, Suzuki outboards and Volvo Penta gas side SX outdrives. And I heard NOT CONFIRMED that Solas makes an aluminum prop for Merc. Also they are the largest manu of impellers for jetskis. Man they came out of nowhere in the past 14 years.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I should have provided a little more info too...I'm around the 475hp range per engine after the cam, intake, carb etc. engine work I completed last year. I was leaning toward the Mercury props already but not having any knowledge about Michigan Wheel I thought I'd throw the question out here.