Running a LH prop on a single screw >

Running a LH prop on a single screw

Notices

Running a LH prop on a single screw

Old 04-01-2015, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running a LH prop on a single screw

I have a 25 foot cat, I was told to try running a LH prop on it for more performance. Is this just BS?
Old 04-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbird241
I have a 25 foot cat, I was told to try running a LH prop on it for more performance. Is this just BS?
Ayuh,... What Drive,..??
Old 04-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bondo
Ayuh,... What Drive,..??
Bravo One
Old 04-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Registered

would not see how a single screw would matter left or right.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Ihave hurd of boats being happyer pulling one way then the outher with a single screw.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Registered

Try everything you can, then make your own conclusion, every boat and set up is differant. Just put the drive in reverse and change prop.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:24 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

The inertia of the motor by itself may torque the boat one way (you see a car lean one way when you rev the engine when stopped),while the prop can counter balance some this. Even some well known twin engine vee bottoms had one counter rotating engine.

Last edited by Coolerman; 04-01-2015 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Registered

Here is how I see the RH and LH prop on a single engine boat. Typically on a single engine boat it is an RH and the boat will naturally want to lean to the left or the port side from the torque. This works great if you have a hot wife or girlfriend that doesn't weigh too much since the extra torque will naturally want to torque the boat to the port side or the same side your wife sits. Since she weighs less than you the boat will fly nice and level. The LH option on a single would be for those guys that have larger wives or BBW's riding shotgun that need some extra torque to the starboard side to compensate for the junk in the trunk.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, is standard rotation set up so prop torque cancels out engine torque? or do they add to each other?
Old 04-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Couginitnordic
Here is how I see the RH and LH prop on a single engine boat. Typically on a single engine boat it is an RH and the boat will naturally want to lean to the left or the port side from the torque. This works great if you have a hot wife or girlfriend that doesn't weigh too much since the extra torque will naturally want to torque the boat to the port side or the same side your wife sits. Since she weighs less than you the boat will fly nice and level. The LH option on a single would be for those guys that have larger wives or BBW's riding shotgun that need some extra torque to the starboard side to compensate for the junk in the trunk.
rh rot makes boat lean left? engine torque wants to pull left side up. so i guess they are set up to cancel each other's torque. and the second part; if she weighs enough you need to change balance of the boat, removing the excess weight will trim boat better...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.