props for a 31 fountain cc >

props for a 31 fountain cc

Notices

props for a 31 fountain cc

Old 10-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default props for a 31 fountain cc

Hey, guys hoping I can find some help deciding what props to go with on here, being there's not a lot of outboard guys on here. I have been a boater all my life and thru the 80's and 90's have owned some os boats(pantera, Carrera and a couple Baja's). I took a break from os boats as the kids were growing up and we wanted more room. Now the kids are gone and we decided to try a performance center console. So looking for a fresh water boat here in Michigan we picked up a 31 fountain cc, hard to find a fresh water cc with any size. We found a 31cc with 250 efi's in very good shape. It seems just about every boat I buy and I have had a bunch I don't care for the propping that's on them and end up repropping. The 31 cc came with 14x23p offshore series 4 blades. The motors were running deep so I lifted the motors up on the transom and now have the cav plates running just on top of the water trimmed out at a cruise,4000 rpm. I run with 150 gallons at 37 mph at 4000 rpms and 62 mph at 5800. It pops up on plane real fast. Fountain says it should cruise at 43 mph at 4000 rpms and 68 mph at 5600rpms with rev 4's 23p .Whether that's with brand new motors and an empty tank?. I have always been a fan of bigger diameter props and like there handling. So wondering which way to go. Buy a new set of rev4 23p and hope to turn them over 5500 rpm (motors have 500 hours on them unlike the ones fountain tested) and if not send them out and have them labbed and tuned for my rpms. Or should I look for a used set then send them out for lab work to try and save a few $$. The new rev4's run $500 to $600 each, then like $400 each for labbing = $1100.each. I see BBlades has there ob/f modded bravo and there over the hub blaster which run less then the cost of a new labbed rev4. Im looking for cruising speed and top end, I can live with coming out of the hole slower. Could use so input would be great..
Thanks tom

Also wondering if anybody has tried the new ssr hub kit and there thoughts?.