Arneson/ speedmaster spline adapter >

Arneson/ speedmaster spline adapter

Notices

Arneson/ speedmaster spline adapter

Old 01-21-2016, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arneson/ speedmaster spline adapter

Hi I was inquiring about the 19 spline to the 26 spline adapters for arneson and speedmaster drives to run the newer style props. And my question is I haven't found any reviews or saw any posts on experience with running these. My second question is the smallest pitch prop I found is a 26 pitch for a #6 with 6 blades and right now I am running a 24-3 blade I don't think I would ever be able to turn a 6 blade. I have a speedmaster 3 with a 1.5 ratio.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I had them. The only thing I didn't like, was that with them, on a 19 spline shaft, I had to run a very thin prop nut, as the adapter puts the prop further towards the tail end of propshaft. A standard merc prop nut, wont thread on far enough, to catch the nyloc thread portion of the nut.

As far as the prop situation, what is it you are looking for? More blades? More pitch? More diameter?
Old 01-21-2016, 11:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I had them. The only thing I didn't like, was that with them, on a 19 spline shaft, I had to run a very thin prop nut, as the adapter puts the prop further towards the tail end of propshaft. A standard merc prop nut, wont thread on far enough, to catch the nyloc thread portion of the nut.

As far as the prop situation, what is it you are looking for? More blades? More pitch? More diameter?
Well I just was thinking that the new style props might benefit my set up since the drives are roughly 30+ years old and the prop technology has come so far in that time. As you probably already know props for speedmaster drives are hard to come by. I guess I am after what everybody wants few more mile an hour, better holeshot, fuel efficiency.... I just haven't seen anybody post there results good or bad. I know these drives are dinasours but I know a lot of people have them. I have tried 3 blade mostly, few 4 blade props, I just haven't found the perfect combination yet, according to a prop calculator. If that applies to a speedmaster drive?
Old 01-28-2016, 05:27 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

We carry, sell and have had sucess with the adapters. They sell for $399. Yes, they do step the prop back slightly. This has not been a issue.

Mercury make 5 blade props as well down to 26 pitch. Hering offers 5 blade props down to 26 as well.
We used to make 4 blades down to 23. The older props are harder and harder to find. In all actuality, when it comes to #6 style propellers, technology of production has really evolved more than technology of geometry.

Brett
Old 01-28-2016, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brett is that per adaptor price?
Old 01-28-2016, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
We carry, sell and have had sucess with the adapters. They sell for $399. Yes, they do step the prop back slightly. This has not been a issue.

Mercury make 5 blade props as well down to 26 pitch. Hering offers 5 blade props down to 26 as well.
We used to make 4 blades down to 23. The older props are harder and harder to find. In all actuality, when it comes to #6 style propellers, technology of production has really evolved more than technology of geometry.

Brett
Do your adapters allow use of the regular mecury prop nut on a #3 or #4 drive ?
Old 01-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes, unfortunately the $399 price is per adapter.
We have cut the standard #6 nut down slightly in height to give full nylock engagement.

Brett
Old 07-17-2020, 12:53 PM
Registered

Bring back an old thread. Anyone know if these 19 spline adapters are still available?