32 Spectre Cat prop advice!! >

32 Spectre Cat prop advice!!

Notices

32 Spectre Cat prop advice!!

Old 03-29-2016, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 Spectre Cat prop advice!!

Have a 2006 Spectre 32SC Cat with 525s, XR 1.35s and sporty lowers. Currently running Maximus 32p 5 Blades and getting 95MPH turning close to 5200. The boat feels like it has more in it, does anyone have any experience with this boat running same power? Does anyone have any ideas on which direction to go? Hoping to break 100mph and I am sure it is attainable!

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-29-2016, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

That is 19% slip which is very high for an efficient cat.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Registered

That's what I thought.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

We worked with Pilini back when he first built these hulls.
We (the Merc Racing crew) developed a 4 blade Bravo recipe that we used on the inboards as well as the old 300 Pro Max. We still use this as a go to recipe to this day with occasional tweaks for accuracy.
In fact, that recipe was the forefather to BBLADES OB/F and of many of Mercury's Bravo 1 options which are directly or indirectly related to that initial Lab Finishing recipe. Because this recipe had diffuser ring adjustments, venting, pitch progression and rake adjustments, it basically encapsulates most the Bravo 1 tweaks we have been applying for years and some of what Mercury is now calling new Bravo 1 families.

Anyway, your slip is high. The boat should do triple digits. How high are the drives and what has been done to the Maximus propellers?
Also, which way do you rotate the props?

I believe there is no reason we shouldn't be able to get you over the 100 mph mark.

Call us anytime.

Brett
Old 03-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
We worked with Pilini back when he first built these hulls.
We (the Merc Racing crew) developed a 4 blade Bravo recipe that we used on the inboards as well as the old 300 Pro Max. We still use this as a go to recipe to this day with occasional tweaks for accuracy.
In fact, that recipe was the forefather to BBLADES OB/F and of many of Mercury's Bravo 1 options which are directly or indirectly related to that initial Lab Finishing recipe. Because this recipe had diffuser ring adjustments, venting, pitch progression and rake adjustments, it basically encapsulates most the Bravo 1 tweaks we have been applying for years and some of what Mercury is now calling new Bravo 1 families.

Anyway, your slip is high. The boat should do triple digits. How high are the drives and what has been done to the Maximus propellers?
Also, which way do you rotate the props?

I believe there is no reason we shouldn't be able to get you over the 100 mph mark.

Call us anytime.

Brett
Thanks for the response Brett!

I'm not sure how high the drives are set, but they are behind IMCO standoff boxes. We will have to measure the drive height. I am not sure if there is anything done to the props and they are turning in.

I will post more when the drive height is measured.

Thanks again
Old 03-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Wonder why it would need boxes?
Old 03-30-2016, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 32 with 500efi's imco boxes, -2 lowers, and 32 bravo 4 blades runs 106mph. The 32s liked the boxes but the 30 and 36's did not.