28 SS Cig >

28 SS Cig

Notices

28 SS Cig

Old 05-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha24
What is the HP of those motors? My 79 SS had 454's with maybe 370-400 horse each. I tried a few different prop combos and the best by far was 4 blade hydromotive's was at 71 on GPS @ 5300 RPM. I cannot remember the pitch right now I will talk to my buddy I sold it to and find out if you are interested. Mine did not like the Cleavers at all, I put the 4 blades on it was a whole new boat I actually wished I didn't sell that boat.
These were crate motors from Dart.. A solid 450 HP each which should put me @ and easy 400HP each HP @ the prop. My weak point is the cam. It only pulls to 5000 rpm... I may need to upgrade. I am trying a set of 25 Mirage pluses first that have been labbed. I will see what they do for me... Most have been in agreement with you. The Cleavers is a long shot. But I did have one and only one person say that the Cleavers worked great on his 28ss. He said it actually lifted the heavy stern up and got the most speed out of his boat with it. But it was sluggish out of the hole. I guess your 79 had TRS's also? Please let me know the pitch of the Hydromotives....