Baja 25 outlaw prop help >

Baja 25 outlaw prop help

Notices

Baja 25 outlaw prop help

Old 06-21-2016, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 25 outlaw prop help

Over the offseason I upgraded my outlaw with an imco neutral box, 380 tabs and -2 lower. Engine is making 550+hp. Curious to see if anyone has any experience with different props for this set up. Feel like I have a lot more slip at cruise. With a stock 26p b1 I have to turn it like 3600rpm to run in the low 40's (before the box i could run low 40's at 3200.rpm) It seems to hook back up at the top end at 5500rpm running 73. it seems like I'm not getting the bow lift I need. Trim just seems to cause more slip.It is also impossible to get on plane with out dumping the tabs. Plan to try stock XR lower to determine if X dimension is too high. I want to get a prop done up by b blades but want to make sure I have the best set up before doing so. Not sure if it's all in prop or if x dimension is too high. Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 06-22-2016, 12:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Satisfaction
Over the offseason I upgraded my outlaw with an imco neutral box, 380 tabs and -2 lower. Engine is making 550+hp. Curious to see if anyone has any experience with different props for this set up. Feel like I have a lot more slip at cruise. With a stock 26p b1 I have to turn it like 3600rpm to run in the low 40's (before the box i could run low 40's at 3200.rpm) It seems to hook back up at the top end at 5500rpm running 73. it seems like I'm not getting the bow lift I need. Trim just seems to cause more slip.It is also impossible to get on plane with out dumping the tabs. Plan to try stock XR lower to determine if X dimension is too high. I want to get a prop done up by b blades but want to make sure I have the best set up before doing so. Not sure if it's all in prop or if x dimension is too high. Thanks for the help in advance!

I would call Doug at spinellie brothers and tell him your set up and see if a prop will take care of your situation and see what he advises

Jj
Old 06-22-2016, 05:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just went through the same thing. Get your hands on a P5X, and start there