Prop Advice on an old Baja Force 235 >

Prop Advice on an old Baja Force 235

Notices

Prop Advice on an old Baja Force 235

Old 08-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Prop Advice on an old Baja Force 235

Hi looking for some advice on a prop for my baja force 235 now that I think I finally have my motor figured out....The boat has a mild 454 with a b&m 174 supercharger and a bravo one drive. Also, I've eliminated ~ 150 pounds of stuff from the rear of the boat so the stern is lighter than factory. The thread I have on my boat/motor so far is here;

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...t-project.html

So far I've tried a 21p mirage, a 25p mirage, and a 23p hydromotive quad IV.

The 21p and 25p mirages were about the same, blowing out on the hole shot, and on turns, extremely difficult to get on plane, and tons of slip on the top end.

The 23p hydromotive quad IV was much better but would blow out pretty easily on turns or if I had the motor trimmed up at all when leaving from a stop so I assume that this prop has too much stern lift for my boat.

I'm currently thinking that I should try a Bravo 1 or a rev 4....

Any advice on a prop that may be a good fit for my old Force?

Thanks,

Travis
Old 08-18-2016, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The drive is probably deep and as such most of these older boats like a 3-blade better than a four. The Bravo I 4-blade should be less stern lift than the Quad-IV, but still might get loose in the back end. We really need numbers... RPM, GPS MPH with each prop to try to help.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewymalone
The drive is probably deep and as such most of these older boats like a 3-blade better than a four. The Bravo I 4-blade should be less stern lift than the Quad-IV, but still might get loose in the back end. We really need numbers... RPM, GPS MPH with each prop to try to help.
Thanks Chewy, The only numbers I have with a GPS were taken while I was still dealing with fuel pressure issues. I was hitting 40 mph at ~3800-4000 rpms trimmed up with the 23p hydromotive quad IV before my fuel pressure warning light went on. Drive ratio is 1.5. Basically I wasn't able to get into the carb secondaries. I clearly had a lot left. Felt like the 23p wasn't going to be enough...

The boat definitely has a pretty deep X; measures 7"

I'm really looking for a good suggestion where to start... I haven't tried a mirage plus, do the plus props have quite a bit more bite? I'd rather loose top end than have a pathetic hole shot..

Last edited by 89Force235; 08-18-2016 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Registered

The Mirage Plus has more cup and will turn less RPM's than a Mirage of the same labeled pitch. Plus is a better all around prop for almost everything except top end in some cases. The non-plus usually has more slip and the plus might help with your blowout issues as well. I would suggest starting with a 23P Mirage Plus and a 22P Bravo I if you can beg and borrow, then get your numbers and go from there.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:24 PM
Registered

Thank you! I should have a 24p bravo to try for labor day weekend. I'll report back on how it works out.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89Force235
Thank you! I should have a 24p bravo to try for labor day weekend. I'll report back on how it works out.
Reporting back, hope this can help out the next guy:
Bravo 1 24p is pretty darn close. At ~7000 ft elevation I achieved about 4600 rpms and 60mph. Prop responded very well to trim and didn't blow out on the hole shot or in corners. I think I can get a little more rpm with some tuning and I'm hoping for ~ 65 mph at our lakes closer to 4000 ft.

Last edited by 89Force235; 09-12-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:13 AM
Registered

Hi folks,
can someone please tell me if this propeller works on my Baja 235 Force (1988) with 7.4L Bravo?

Unfortunately, I do not allow you to upload pictures.
It is a Cleaver 23p

Thanks!