Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Propping a B3 >

Propping a B3

Notices

Propping a B3

Old 12-28-2016, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Many say the B3 hits a wall at 50 to 60, but there are also others here they have proof that this isn't the case and head on up above 80. Agree B3 provides more lift and this can be an issue but can also have some props designed to limit the issues if they are the problem
Old 01-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Pol83x
The XR props have a lot more cup Merc told me. They said would be a waste on my boat.
Blade design is different as well. Not the old elephant style ears on the XR's.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an update, tried the new props, boat responds very well and will now rev to 4900 rpm but I did loose approx 2 mph. Not a big deal as I am happy that the throttle response and time to plane are much better now. Probably the best set would be a set of 25's. Not sure they make a set though.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the update - we have a 226 Cobalt with 7.4MPI spinning 26 pitch with a 1:50 ration. This weekend relatively calm water 20 gallons of fuel and just me (weighing in at 215 lbs) on GPS did 62 mph. It was warm out and I know when we have cool temps I get a little more speed.

Take care and safe boating

3pointstar
Old 07-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Update on my prop tuning and a huge thanks to Brett at Bblades!
Brett "fixed" my props over the winter and finally got a chance to run the boat, used to cruise at 41-42 @ 4100 rpm with two adults and some gear, would spin props hard getting on plane- had to feather the throttle to keep from over revving.

Yesterday with 8 adults, full fuel, gear and some water in the tanks....acceleration from dead stop can best be described as linear, props are totally hooked up- no blow out, cruise speed was 47 mph at 4050 rpm, felt like there was more stern lift, boat rode better than ever with all that weight aboard.

I did add new exhaust so that probably helped in the HP department; nevertheless prop work is amazing! thanks again Brett 100% satisfied
Old 07-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
Update on my prop tuning and a huge thanks to Brett at Bblades!
Brett "fixed" my props over the winter and finally got a chance to run the boat, used to cruise at 41-42 @ 4100 rpm with two adults and some gear, would spin props hard getting on plane- had to feather the throttle to keep from over revving.

Yesterday with 8 adults, full fuel, gear and some water in the tanks....acceleration from dead stop can best be described as linear, props are totally hooked up- no blow out, cruise speed was 47 mph at 4050 rpm, felt like there was more stern lift, boat rode better than ever with all that weight aboard.

I did add new exhaust so that probably helped in the HP department; nevertheless prop work is amazing! thanks again Brett 100% satisfied

Thanks Sonic.
We appreciate you sharing the results and thank you for your business.

Brett