BBLADES Winter Special! >

BBLADES Winter Special!

Notices

BBLADES Winter Special!

Old 01-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
$1559.95 per propeller Labbed to your custom needs. Also includes a free adjustment if needed.

Thank you,
Brett
Thanks Brett, on researching I seen a previous post of yours stating they work very well in box form. So instead of labbing a 30 should I just get unlabbed 29's from you? RPM's should be about same correct? Boat is 388 hustler. It has 1.36 gear. Running 31p P5x now at only 5000-5100rpm 95GPS. Need to get around 5500-5600. Adding another 1-1.5psi boost as well.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:05 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Eliminated572
Thanks Brett, on researching I seen a previous post of yours stating they work very well in box form. So instead of labbing a 30 should I just get unlabbed 29's from you? RPM's should be about same correct? Boat is 388 hustler. It has 1.36 gear. Running 31p P5x now at only 5000-5100rpm 95GPS. Need to get around 5500-5600. Adding another 1-1.5psi boost as well.
The P5X propellers do respond to Lab Finishing. However they do not respond as well as some other castings do. Going down 2 inches of pitch will get you to your 5400-5500 rpm range. It will also get you there quicker, ET wise. But, it will not get you the added top speed.

Use our test program to determine the best option for the boat. We currently have low pitches as well as 29's, 31's, 32's 33's and more in the test program.

Most important. And this is for everybody. Do your engine upgrades, your "X" dimension upgrades (or in many cases down grades), your weight distribution changes before you try to dial in your propellers. Propellers are last. Propellers put the rubber to the road. Without having all the prior pieces in place, you waste time and money.

Call me anytime and we can offer information to aid in your set up.

Brett
Old 01-19-2017, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
The P5X propellers do respond to Lab Finishing. However they do not respond as well as some other castings do. Going down 2 inches of pitch will get you to your 5400-5500 rpm range. It will also get you there quicker, ET wise. But, it will not get you the added top speed.

Use our test program to determine the best option for the boat. We currently have low pitches as well as 29's, 31's, 32's 33's and more in the test program.

Most important. And this is for everybody. Do your engine upgrades, your "X" dimension upgrades (or in many cases down grades), your weight distribution changes before you try to dial in your propellers. Propellers are last. Propellers put the rubber to the road. Without having all the prior pieces in place, you waste time and money.

Call me anytime and we can offer information to aid in your set up.

Brett
Even if you gain HP with the added RPM? No speed gain? So I should just have my 31's sent to you and have them labbed then? And stay 30-40HP below peak
Old 01-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by Eliminated572
Even if you gain HP with the added RPM? No speed gain? So I should just have my 31's sent to you and have them labbed then? And stay 30-40HP below peak
You are trading rpm for forward travel by going down in pitch. The HP you have in that rpm range can only pull a certain pitch to a certain rpm. If you go down in pitch you go up in rpm but the forward travel is less due to the smaller pitch and you have a wash. This happens when you are in the recommended WOT rpm range for any given engine.
Now, if you are below the recommended WOT range, going down in pitch could actually add speed because you can pull more than just the 200 rpm per inch of pitch. This would determined by the HP curve.
So, Labbing a propeller to maintain it's pitch but blueprinting it to spin easier and faster can give a little more rpm and therefore the speed follows.
I hope that makes sense...........

Maintaining efficiency while Labbing P5X's only allows for a 100-200 rpm gain. Otherwise slip % can grow.
30's might be the better choice.
Testing stock castings back to back will answer the question.

Brett
Old 01-22-2017, 07:05 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Remember, the winter special ends February 28th.

Thank you,
Brett
Old 02-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Only 3 weeks remain for the winter special savings.
Now's the time to get things done before the season gets under way!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Brett would you be able to get a Maximus or p5x to give my 25 outlaw bow lift with the propshaft 2.25" below bottom on 12" extension box? Do you think I could run a bravo 1 3.25" below bottom with ext box? 775hp Whipple Merc 525 for reference. Thanks
Old 02-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Brett would you be able to get a Maximus or p5x to give my 25 outlaw bow lift with the propshaft 2.25" below bottom on 12" extension box? Do you think I could run a bravo 1 3.25" below bottom with ext box? 775hp Whipple Merc 525 for reference. Thanks
The best way to answer that is to say yes, we can get you bow lift. By that I mean, we can greatly improve the current trim reaction of either prop.
However, we can not get as much bow lift out of the 2 props mentioned as we could get out of a 3 blade Mirage +.
As far as the Bravo 1 is concerned, these casting respond well to the mods we do for trim reaction.
With all these props the trick is the correct reduced diameter and the correct tip bends with precise cupping i the correct radius's.
But, we do these types of adjustments all the time.

As far as your x dimension is concerned. You talking rather aggressive for your hull. I know we can improve the performance especially in the mid and upper rpm ranges. Planing will be your concern.
Each application is a little different.
We had a 105 25 footer once with 1000 HP level with the bottom. Built him a Maximus. It was still a little of a bear to get on plane but hooked up well and carried great at top speeds. However, mid and low speeds were poor with a porpoise issue.

Test the stock props first to determine the correct Labbing recipe.

Brett
Old 02-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

That's good to hear. With the scx lower I will most likely be running, I'd like to get as much of it as possible out of the water. If things don't work out at 2.25" below I could drop it down to 4.25" where I was able to get 6-8% slip with a 26p LH bravo 1 on a standard dwp lower (behind the 496ho) last season.

So then I just need a starting point. I have a 28 bravo 1 labbed by you guys, will that be enough pitch and blades going up to 2.25"? I would like to be around 5600rpm with this motor. I was at 4650+/- with the LH 26 B1 and the 496ho 4.25" below the bottom. Thanks
Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Brett, Shipping out to you tomorrow pair of 32 Maximus, paperwork included and filled out on your website today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.