Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
What is the difference in center prop slip from outters on a triple engine??? >

What is the difference in center prop slip from outters on a triple engine???

Notices

What is the difference in center prop slip from outters on a triple engine???

Old 02-18-2017, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I follow what is said about the rpm's and rev's matching. Simply put the gearing is math and that mechanical part will not change so I get that.
Since slippage is the actual difference between the math and the real speed the variation in drive height is what I hear affects the props slippage differently from deep center and shallow outers. My slippage is 10% so in this range of 0 -10 and the difference in prop depths how can one find a variation or difference in slippage between different props?
Would this be different with a mono hull and a stepped hull?
Would a stepped hull make the prop environment more uniform?
Old 03-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

My well set up triple hustler ran the same props, at same rpm all the time.

I would say the reason the outer drives blow before the center is the outer drives are mounted higher so they do exit the water more often than the inner drive when jumping waves. So they get more frequent exit entry forces applied. Also any side to side rocking will unload and reload the outside not the center.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
My well set up triple hustler ran the same props, at same rpm all the time.

I would say the reason the outer drives blow before the center is the outer drives are mounted higher so they do exit the water more often than the inner drive when jumping waves. So they get more frequent exit entry forces applied. Also any side to side rocking will unload and reload the outside not the center.
this is why the center is called the workhorse drive
stays contacted to water more,,,
Old 03-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes and No...
They all should be mounted the same above the the bottom in front of that drive (V) so they should all work the same 98% of the time.
For fun I had turned off and trimmed up one motor at a time several times, just to play around.
It didnt matter the boat ran the same no matter what motor and drive you turned off.