Labbed Prop Question >

Labbed Prop Question

Notices

Labbed Prop Question

Old 06-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Labbed Prop Question

Considering either a Mercury Factory Labbed Prop or having a prop labbed by an independent shop.
Currently running a Bravo 1 26P. Turning 4800 RPM 71 MPH @2000' MSL, 72degree day just me and 2/3 fuel. Donzi 22 Classic.
How does one go about figuring out what pitch labbed prop to go with? Looks like I'm running a 10% slip.
I'm curious as to the science that goes in to figuring this out, especially given the fact that once you buy it/have it done.....You own it.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:22 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by snave8
Considering either a Mercury Factory Labbed Prop or having a prop labbed by an independent shop.
Currently running a Bravo 1 26P. Turning 4800 RPM 71 MPH @2000' MSL, 72degree day just me and 2/3 fuel. Donzi 22 Classic.
How does one go about figuring out what pitch labbed prop to go with? Looks like I'm running a 10% slip.
I'm curious as to the science that goes in to figuring this out, especially given the fact that once you buy it/have it done.....You own it.

That's why I'm here. Prop Labbing is BBLADES specialty.
I can explain and go over much more via a phone call.

One thing about Mercury factory Labbed props is that what it is, is what you get. And, yes you own it.

With BBLADES we build your prop custom to your boats personality, performance numbers and your goals. Nobody Labs props like we do. I never used to say that but I am now because it is true. We have over 90 years combined experience of Lab Finishing at BBLADES.
50 of those years was at Mercy and Mercury Racing.

We have done many 22 Clasics over the years. Call us anytime and we can explain the process in detail.

Thank you,
Brett
Old 07-15-2017, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
That's why I'm here. Prop Labbing is BBLADES specialty.
I can explain and go over much more via a phone call.

One thing about Mercury factory Labbed props is that what it is, is what you get. And, yes you own it.

With BBLADES we build your prop custom to your boats personality, performance numbers and your goals. Nobody Labs props like we do. I never used to say that but I am now because it is true. We have over 90 years combined experience of Lab Finishing at BBLADES.
50 of those years was at Mercy and Mercury Racing.

We have done many 22 Clasics over the years. Call us anytime and we can explain the process in detail.

Thank you,
Brett
I tried out a Bravo 1 in a 28 pitch today. Much to my surprise I picked up almost 2 MPH (GPS) over the 26P, doing back to back comparison runs. The 26P was running 4800 RPM and I only lost 200 RPM's going to the 28 pitch (4600 RPM), but like I said picked up 2 MPH, and at least lightly loaded, the boat plained out just as well as with the 26P
I'm thinking I should just have the 28P labbed as that should take me back to 4800 RPM's
Do you agree?
Old 07-26-2017, 12:15 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by snave8
I tried out a Bravo 1 in a 28 pitch today. Much to my surprise I picked up almost 2 MPH (GPS) over the 26P, doing back to back comparison runs. The 26P was running 4800 RPM and I only lost 200 RPM's going to the 28 pitch (4600 RPM), but like I said picked up 2 MPH, and at least lightly loaded, the boat plained out just as well as with the 26P
I'm thinking I should just have the 28P labbed as that should take me back to 4800 RPM's
Do you agree?

I do agree with what you said as long as the 28 is truely stock.
You should have lost 400 rpm with the 28 compared to the 26.

Brett