5 blades on Bravo X >

5 blades on Bravo X

Notices

5 blades on Bravo X

Old 08-15-2017, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
For the props we were testing I believe the Maximus was too big a diameter prop and needed to be modified to work. The P5X's worked as is and got the slip numbers down but planted the nose too much. The Maximus couldn't even get the boat on plane. Ended up with modified Bravo 1 4 blades. Instead of chasing a slip number we ended up just using what the hull liked best, resulted in the best speed, and ignored what the slip number was. The P5X's were the best prop at cruise if not for the running attitude of the hull. .
exactly the reason I am trying 5 blades,slip numbers are high at around 23%,,not looking to loose any speed so if the P5Xs dont work out I will stick with the 4 blade 32s
Old 08-15-2017, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

The Fountain hull may like the Maximus, Completely different animal than the Baja. I just remember the Maximus looked huge compared to the P5X's. After unsuccessfully trying to get the boat to plane out with the Maximus one of the drives shucked the lower gear set. Had to be related.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

well the search goes on,,tryed the p5x 31 hydromotives ..I think I will be ordering a set of cutting edge 32 4 blades,,anyone have any experience with cutting edge props?
Old 08-21-2017, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default props

What are you going to do with the P5x 31's ?

Thanx, NP

oops! never mind

Last edited by Nice Pair; 08-21-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:32 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
well the search goes on,,tryed the p5x 31 hydromotives ..I think I will be ordering a set of cutting edge 32 4 blades,,anyone have any experience with cutting edge props?
Please consider trying the BBLADES 4-SPEED 32's through our test program. They are their own design, not a splash of a Bravo 1 like the CE's.

BBLADES 4-SPEED (sterndrive application) from BBlades Professional Propellers
BBlades Propellers | BBLADES Propeller Test Program

Brett
Old 08-30-2017, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Please consider trying the BBLADES 4-SPEED 32's through our test program. They are their own design, not a splash of a Bravo 1 like the CE's.

BBLADES 4-SPEED (sterndrive application) from BBlades Professional Propellers
BBlades Propellers BBLADES Propeller Test Program

Brett
Just on a conversational basis here, how do these new BBlade props compare to the box stock Bravo's. I do understand that every boat is different, every set up is different, but straight up how do these compare? I have multiple sets of props, one is a set of box stock 32 Bravos, what might I expect to see as compared to these new BBlade props? Mine is a 2006 twin step 35 Fountain 525 Bravo XR boat.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:31 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

The BBLADES 4-SPEED castings are true to pitch. This means they are the pitch that they are stamped. Bravo 1's are short about 1 inch of where they are stamped.
Second, the 4-SPEEDS are actually 15.5" of diameter as advertised. Mercs are only 15" even though they are sold as 15.25"
thirdly, we have a non flaired exhaust barrel to decrease drag.
Forth, we heat treat our castings. The others don't.

So, more diameter will increase efficiency, more pitch (different progression) can increase fuel economy and speed. A decrease in drag is always good and more strength is desirable.

We have seen performance gains of up to 3.5 mph over stock Bravo 1's.
Of course these castings will not be the best on every boat who tests them but they have been better on many.

Brett
Old 09-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
The BBLADES 4-SPEED castings are true to pitch. This means they are the pitch that they are stamped. Bravo 1's are short about 1 inch of where they are stamped.
Second, the 4-SPEEDS are actually 15.5" of diameter as advertised. Mercs are only 15" even though they are sold as 15.25"
thirdly, we have a non flaired exhaust barrel to decrease drag.
Forth, we heat treat our castings. The others don't.

So, more diameter will increase efficiency, more pitch (different progression) can increase fuel economy and speed. A decrease in drag is always good and more strength is desirable.

We have seen performance gains of up to 3.5 mph over stock Bravo 1's.
Of course these castings will not be the best on every boat who tests them but they have been better on many.

Brett
Fair answer, thank you. I do realize the Bravos come up some short when measured, was just looking for general result of one to the other. Just installed a new pair of XR's which need some breaking in but would be interested in some more info and the test program once the drives are settled in. Are your props out of the box or labbed to fit the boat, or a case of buyers choice?
Old 09-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Props are sold stock.
There is a standard template Lab recipe if desired. This is a formula we determined as a standard blueprint. Most often ordered online by over seas customers.

We prefer to Lab Finish all propellers (all manufacturers props) specific to the application setup, base line performance numbers and its personality after a few hours of stock usage.
Let us know if you wish to test them. Here is a link to our test program.

BBlades Propellers | BBLADES Propeller Test Program

Brett
Old 09-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Brett wont steer you wrong,.IMO,he's the best in the business!!!He speeks the truth no BS!!!!!!