Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any progress lately?
Old 10-28-2015, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by swiss
Any progress lately?
no I wish. my trucks in the garage getting repainted. as soon as that's done the boats coming in. hopefully 1 month
Old 10-29-2015, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by 250ekelly
update:

ben working on it a lot lately. got to start it up last weekend!!! I ended up having to pretty much pull the whole interior apart. the wall between the cabin and cock pit was only attached with two screws on the bottom. I think the build quality on these small boats aint as good as the bigger boats.

after I started it I had a few coolant leaks. take a look at the clamps I bought I though they would work better than worm gear clamps but I don't think they do. they leave a small gap right under the bolt of the clamp. im kinda worried this thing isn't gonna be reliable. I think I spent to much time making it look neat rather than function/ longevity.... after starting it the cam sounds a bit more radical than I expected. im worried about water reversion. I need to pull the exhaust off and check. .... please chime in with your opinions on any thing you see that I could improve.

pulling apart the dash. im redoing all the wiring I found some wire nuts so I said f it im starting from scratch lol

throttle consle was all jacked up and rotten so started making a new one

got the garage up few months ago. don't know what id do wit out it now. my dad gave me these cerwin vegas he bought new in 86 I refoamed the subs they rock!

I made this harness for the engine. FYI if any one does this and has the msd box up in the dash yr gonna have to make yr own extension harness not hard just tedious. you can get the plugs and terminals from eficonnection.com. if you do it like that it will leave you with 3 extra spots on the engine side of the harness. tach ( because that wire will come off the 16 pin plug on the msd end of the harness) and yr 5volt supply and map sensor signal cause you really don't need it. so I used one for starter solenoid, and one to excite the altenator. and then one spare. that way you got one nice clean plug for every thing on yr engine.

I had a friend make this water neck so plumbing to the heat exchanger was easier. I cut the old one out and pressed this one in. no leaks so far

little rig to start itn

here I am priming the oil system
Nice work done here!!! But why are you using a heat exchanger exactly?
Old 11-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
Nice work done here!!! But why are you using a heat exchanger exactly?
Thanks! I run it in salt water occasionally so I figured it would be a good idea. But mainly to keep the engine at constant temp. Sits on 195 all day no matter what the water temp is.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Registered

Your speed numbers sound way too low to me. I had an 86 scarab I which has a different deck than the later excels but same hull I believe. It ran low 60's with a 454/330hp, mirage 21p 3 blade and alpha 1.5 drive. I also found an old PowerBoat report on the Excel that tested it at 58-59 mph with the standard 350 mag so I think my non-GPS speeds are reasonable. I ran that boat for 10 years with no drive issues and that was a 454 BBC. I did add a stern jack later on and an alpha ss 1.32 gears and got it to run about 70. Stern jack and standard alpha ran high 60's.
The LS must be lighter and more HP so your boat in my mind is a 70+ mph ride??? Interested to hear what you find when you get it dialed in.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by papps
Your speed numbers sound way too low to me. I had an 86 scarab I which has a different deck than the later excels but same hull I believe. It ran low 60's with a 454/330hp, mirage 21p 3 blade and alpha 1.5 drive. I also found an old PowerBoat report on the Excel that tested it at 58-59 mph with the standard 350 mag so I think my non-GPS speeds are reasonable. I ran that boat for 10 years with no drive issues and that was a 454 BBC. I did add a stern jack later on and an alpha ss 1.32 gears and got it to run about 70. Stern jack and standard alpha ran high 60's.
The LS must be lighter and more HP so your boat in my mind is a 70+ mph ride??? Interested to hear what you find when you get it dialed in.
He has been fighting with various issues mainly hitting the rev limiter at much to low of an rpm and speed. I'm sure he will get it all figured out and be running 70's no problem!
Old 11-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Registered

Yea I never got a chance to try different props. I just hand junk props on it to get me in water. Thanks for the kind words and motivation swiss! Should boat in garage by first of year!
Old 11-14-2016, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I never got a chance to try different props. I just hand junk props on it to get me in water. Thanks for the kind words and motivation swiss! Should boat in garage by first of year!
Did you get your boat back together? I built a 402 for mine after the 5.3 started knocking and ran 68 in my 23 checkmate. I cheaped out top end though. Stock heads etc. I started building a new boat. '04 checkmate 300 convincor. Putting twin Procharged 6L motors in it.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Registered

Yea it's all together. Well except for the interrior but who needs that. Boat runs great. Bought a SEI drive and it's been holding up great. I bought a 30ft century I been working on. Got any pictures of the new project?
Old 01-20-2017, 10:25 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks no I didn't paint it my room mate did. I gave him 2 months free rent which is like 600 bucks and 500 in paint & clear
Nice job! Is he planning on going to Disneyland or LA anytime soon? Free-room & board for him to spray my 21'? LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.