Notices

Boat Wraps?

Old 01-10-2016, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Boat Wraps?

Does anyone have an opinion on these? I think I just opened the flood gates. I was thinking on changing the look of my boat but don't want to spend as much as it would be to paint. I don't even know where to get it done. Thanks for any comment.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did a wrap on my 336 a few years back.
http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=26639
Old 01-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Did a wrap on my 336 a few years back.
http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=26639
So it looks like you covered up the gel graphics with white vinyl and your new graphics?
If so, how well did it cover the change from white to the stripes? Meaning, could you see the old graphics through white?? I was going to cover mine up, but tested some and you could see the colors through the white..
I ended up changing the color of the existing graphics and adding a lil too it also.
?
Old 01-11-2016, 04:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Wrap covered the old graphics and no color showed thru as you can see in the pictures. I was very pleased with the results and received many compliments on the boat. The guy that did the wrap does a lot of commercial vehicles and designed the graphics based on pictures of newer Formulas.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we do them, they do a good job and with good laminate are nice and glossy on the printed multi color ones, they also have well over 50 color change that we have used several times and work well...so if you want a red, orange, blue etc hull its a predone material and really looks like paint...only have to be carefull on rubbing stuff...Rob
Old 01-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

I had Ryan Beckley install a wrap on a project boat of mine. Very happy with the results.

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ect+half+speed
Old 02-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ASC Graphics in Rochester NY has done all of my wraps and they come out amazing.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

A old friend of mine bought a boat that was wrapped and it looked good for what it was. Not really my taste but seemed to hold up ok. The only thing that bugged me was buying it that way. I would never for fear of what was underneath and what if any the outer person was trying to hide. But that's just my opinion and really only on resale but have seen some nice ones done before.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
A old friend of mine bought a boat that was wrapped and it looked good for what it was. Not really my taste but seemed to hold up ok. The only thing that bugged me was buying it that way. I would never for fear of what was underneath and what if any the outer person was trying to hide. But that's just my opinion and really only on resale but have seen some nice ones done before.
I remember 30 years ago selling used cars, we'd put a vinyl roof on a car for about $120 to cover the rust in the lower rear pillars. Took about an hour to have one done and looked great. To fix the rust would have cost $700 and take a week in a panel shop so it was a no brainier!

RR
Old 02-13-2016, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Exactly my point and I am not saying that people do it for that reason but it would just be in the back of my mind. You just don't know but if its a boat you have or are keeping and just want a new look it is an affordable option for sure cheaper then paint.