Help!!! Need to find curved glass for restoration >

Help!!! Need to find curved glass for restoration

Notices

Help!!! Need to find curved glass for restoration

Old 08-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Need to find curved glass for restoration

I have been working on restoring a 1993 Manta Ray 203 fish and ski. I have 90% of it done but am missing the drivers side curved windshield. If anyone out there knows where i can find a parts boat im willing to drive or pay for shipping to get this piece of glass. Please help!
Old 08-03-2017, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You will not find a single piece of glass that fits your existing windshield. I bought a 2000 crownline needed the same thing. I bought a 90 regal hulk for the windshield and made it fit. It is the only way to do this. You hafta install the 2 curved pieces, then if width is right your folding center flat glass. If width is wrong, you must fab a new center piece. Use the 2 uprights from new windshield as they are correct fit for new curved pieces. Then get width with just about any scrap windshield frame you find. The sides then have to be fabbed using the bottom piece that fits your boat and hopefully the upper pieces that came with replacement windshield. I ended up usong whole side pieces from the crownline and cutting them to fit the new, slightly liwer regal windshield. I have access to a free 94 crownline 22 bow rider here in jersey. If it is close enough to you it would be worth considering. Price is right. Then you need plexiglass to cut for any flat glass you had to fab frames for. The color is 2111. That is the light coke bottle green they all are. The flat pad the whole windshield mounts on has an inch or so of width you can go wider or skinnier without anybody (but you) noticing. It is easier if you can put it in the same place as you don't hafta fix screw holes that are exposed.

Last edited by dereknkathy; 08-03-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:59 AM
Registered

Double post.

Last edited by dereknkathy; 08-04-2017 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Registered

There is one possibility. If you have the windshield frame and it is intact, the oe manufacturer may sell you the glass. BUT, you have to ship them the frame cuz they will not ship glass not mounted in the frame. Other people can custom curve plexiglass and mount it in your frame. In fact you can maybe bend a piece into the frame yourself. Lexan is more bendy than plexi. But it sounds like you have no frame so the previous post is your only real way to go.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Registered

So what ended up being the solution? I have a good frame and just need the port front curved glass.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Call Desman corp in Anderson SC 864-225-2580

Desman Glass
Old 01-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Registered

I want glass not plexi. They have real glass?