D & M Motorsports

Notices

D & M Motorsports

Old 10-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: D & M Motorsports

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Congratulations Brad. Not exactly "Saber Water" Looking forward to Key West. If you guys have time during the week down there and you are looking for a ride on a little bigger Saber let me know. We could take a few minutes and go find some good water. NK
Ah, yea!! I'd Love to have a ride!! Stop by our pits!! We are going to have a huge set up with the other D&M Motorsports team!! I'll send you all the info!!! and my contact info.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to it. NK
Old 11-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Registered

Parnell, It was great seeing you in the pits!! Sorry I was too busy for a boat ride this trip, but the water down there was to flat anyway. I'll wait until the next time your at the Ozarks in some real water and hit you up for that ride then!!!

Funny story, someone during the weekend said that the water in key west this year was our water "flat" and for us to watch out when the seas get big. I guess they don't know about Saber all that well...... We were looking forward to BIG water and then all of a sudden the seas went flat, sticky flat.

I think I remember reading that my boat back when it was Wavehippie won a national title, did it win a world title back then too?? How many world titles have saber won??
Old 11-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FunHome
Parnell, It was great seeing you in the pits!! Sorry I was too busy for a boat ride this trip, but the water down there was to flat anyway. I'll wait until the next time your at the Ozarks in some real water and hit you up for that ride then!!!

Funny story, someone during the weekend said that the water in key west this year was our water "flat" and for us to watch out when the seas get big. I guess they don't know about Saber all that well...... We were looking forward to BIG water and then all of a sudden the seas went flat, sticky flat.

I think I remember reading that my boat back when it was Wavehippie won a national title, did it win a world title back then too?? How many world titles have saber won??
Anyone know how many titles Saber has won??
Old 11-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Registered

Brad
Congratulations on your victory. I liked the story about the Friday race when you went into the first turn 5th and came out first. Between you guys and Predator the straight bottom v hulls showed everyone how to turn. You can have a ride anytime you want but Loto does not really allow us to show you what she can do. Maybe a rougher Key west next year. Nice meeting you and again congratulations. Parnell

BTW I will check on the titles but I do know Wave Hippie has a national Championship or two. You might be the first world title.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Registered

Here is the story "Parn" was refering to, for those who are interested!! I clipped this from an e-mail I sent out to some friends.

"On Wednesday we missed the set up, we had tested on Tuesday in 6 to 8 ft seas and were not ready for the water to lay down like it did, luckily we were able to hold on and finish 3rd, behind Great Adventure and the Konrad Fountain. On Friday when we won and everyone except for the last place boat “broke out” some with speeds over 86mph trying to catch us, we only had a top speed of 80.0mph in an 82.0mph break out. We just ran a consistent race and Jason drove his tail off, hitting every mark perfect. On Sunday we stayed with our set up and changed very little, and it was very similar to the race on Friday. Where we raced everyone to the 1st turn, we were in about 4th or 5th about 4 boat lengths behind the leader but we had the inside line, everyone else went wide to hold their speed and we tucked in the drives and darted around the buoy and came out of the turn in first place with a 4 boat length lead. From there we stayed consistent and ran our own race, the Konrad boat gave us a good run and in the final laps, I could see them closing the gap, so we stepped it back up a notch and held on for the win."

Hey Parn, when do I get a t-shirt??
Old 12-18-2006, 06:03 PM
BRD
Registered

Yeah Parn ...... when are the new T-shirts gonna be ready ?!?!??!?

"World Champion Powerboats" !!!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered

Well here we go again!! Just talked to Jason and Joel and they are around Paducah, KY on their way to Hollywood, FL. for the Superbowl Race!! I fly in tomorrow.

Jason said they went out and tested a few things yesterday afternoon/evening. He said it was COLD!! As they were putting the boat on the trailer the spray on the sides and transom was freezing and by they time they left the shop @ 9pm their cove was froze with a thin layer of ice!!!

Now that is HARD CORE!!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered

Well the hard work paid off!!! We WON!!! It was great, since most of our races have been on calm water. It was nice to prove we can run in the rough as well.
Stan said in our interview, "you proved in Key West that the flat water was Saber Water and now you have proved that rough water is Saber Water"

It came at a price though. We blew a drive in practice on friday and ended up barrowing one from another racer to make the show. Then on the way home the trailer lost a complete wheel and tire in Georgia and had another that was about to go. They saved it and rebuilt it enough to get it home on five wheels and tires. But it made for a long trip home.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:52 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

good work! now lets see some pics.

Quick Reply: D & M Motorsports

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.