New Project: 28 Saber >

New Project: 28 Saber

Notices

New Project: 28 Saber

Old 11-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Default New Project: 28 Saber

Well I kept it quiet but I finally got her home this morning around 2:00am. 1400 miles in 26 hours. Left NJ at midnight Friday night. My buddy and I drove to MI hooked her up and drove back. I'd like to thank Martin from Martins Custom Marine for taking a look at it for me. Once Martin gave me the OK I flew out last weekend to get a look at it for myself. She is a little dated but I'll freshen her up over the winter. The worst is the bottm paint. When I did the Corsa bottom I said "never again"....I guess there is some truth in that old saying after all. I would also like to thank Doug at Saber for taking the time to talk to me about this boat and give me some history on it. This boat is very solid. The whole boat including the bulkheads, cockpit floor and even the cabin couches and v berth area is balsa cored. Very stout. My plans so far are a new transom assembly and drive, gauges and thottles, new interior w/lonseal flooring and new carpet in the cabin. The paint is in very good shape and even though I typically like the classic all white, those graphics are really growing on me. The motor checked out OK with supposedly a 80 hour rebuild on it. They did provide the reciept for the rebuild and it seems they did it right. Time will tell. Overall other than the mentioned mechanical and cosmetic fixes/upgrades this is a great boat. I'll post more pics once I get started...here are a couple now:
Attached Thumbnails New Project: 28 Saber-saber-003-large-.jpg   New Project: 28 Saber-saber-004-large-.jpg  
Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!! They are awesome boats!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Registered

Thanks. You going to KW this year. I remember speaking with you last year about your Saber at the Pier House bar by the pool. I think it was the night of the street party. I'll be staying there again this year.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks good jdub!! How did you like towing the boat on the PA Turnpike? I'm off to KW Monday, when are you guys coming down?
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 11-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DiamondPerformance
Looks good jdub!! How did you like towing the boat on the PA Turnpike? I'm off to KW Monday, when are you guys coming down?
Probably the worst stretch of road ever! We'll be down Wed. I'll be in touch for some goodies...
Old 11-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Sweet boat congrats, I'll be looking forward to your progress.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:44 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Alright!!! nice move john!
can't wait to see what you do w/ her.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well Well.. I was woundering where you would show up after the Corsa sold & I must say you made a good choice... I havn't been on here alot latlety but I will be sure to keep up with the progress...

If it comes out anything like the Corsa did (which i'm sure it will) it will definatly be a sweet ride... I'm not much of one to talk but : Try to keep this one for a month or 2 after its done... LOL...
Old 11-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered

Thanks guys....

Rob, I wanted to tell you but I figured you would appreciate the suprise...

Scott, it was a toss up between this and a 28 single Pantera. Though I love the Pantera's...there is something about the Saber's flat deck and straight fairing that just sets it apart. Plus I figured you could live through me since your's probably won't see the water for some time
Old 11-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub
Thanks guys....

Rob, I wanted to tell you but I figured you would appreciate the suprise...

Scott, it was a toss up between this and a 28 single Pantera. Though I love the Pantera's...there is something about the Saber's flat deck and straight fairing that just sets it apart. Plus I figured you could live through me since your's probably won't see the water for some time

For some reason I was waiting on a comment like that to come..lol..

Another good thing since you will probably be on the water years before me I can use you as a ginny pig.. "...Oh yeah I'm positive it will work & I am sure you will pick up a atleast 3-4mph , not to mention the much better handling.. It just has to work..." --months later-- "...Oh you lost 8 mph & it now handles like crap.. Oh I'm sorry my bad , I really thought that would work & no I don't think I will be putting the v-pad with steps on mine.." LOL.

All jokes aside it is good to have another 28 single owner here on the board & I am looking forward to seening the progress..

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 11-04-2008 at 08:38 AM.

Quick Reply: New Project: 28 Saber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.