Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub
Here ya go

Sweet Cockpit.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty solid Art, congrats on the new ride!

Have any picts of the interior, whats it look like under & got under the hatch now? Can we get a shot of the rigging?

Show us more!!

Uncle Dave
Old 11-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Looks pretty solid Art, congrats on the new ride!

Have any picts of the interior, whats it look like under & got under the hatch now? Can we get a shot of the rigging?

Show us more!!

Uncle Dave
hey there yes I will be in it on sunday if the rain stops and will get some more pics and unscrew 6'' plate in the cockpit so you can see the lay up. it looks like Gerry's skater big thick balsa everywhere bottom to top never seen it in a vee hull out here. and the deck and hull are glassed to. don't think its vac bagged, but that would be great for any new ones. it sounds so solid when you tap anywhere. once its in the water I am going to design a custom rug with fades for cockpit and cabin, but instead of glue down might make it a pull out with velcro straps. whats a shame is john had new 22oz black carpet installed its nice, but 88oz to 108oz will fell cool, the best marine rug now is 40oz in most of your top boat companys from R&R TEXTILES its nice but ours is a different animal cost more going to make three samples mine/cig/skater to test and make sure it does not get matty. I would like to try and add a mat to it like mitigater that PPI sells so with there mat and 88ozs of high end nylon ,wool or silk will die thats for homes and offices only.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:28 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus Artie you hurt my feelings. My boat is 1" balsa bottom and 3/4" sides and deck with 3/4" Baltek Deckolite panels for the stringers and bulkhead's. Completely laid up using vinyl-ester resin. All the stringer and bulkheads openings are capped with carbon fiber. The transom is 1 1/2" high density balsa.
Attached Thumbnails going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN-scan0028.jpg   going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN-scan0029.jpg  
Old 11-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrv8outboard
Jesus Artie you hurt my feelings. My boat is 1" balsa bottom and 3/4" sides and deck with 3/4" Baltek Deckolite panels for the stringers and bulkhead's. Completely laid up using vinyl-ester resin. All the stringer and bulkheads openings are capped with carbon fiber. The transom is 1 1/2" high density balsa.
THATS RIGHT, I climbed in your boat back when you helped me make the motor deck for thec baja haha, and I asked whats that black chit on the edges bulkheads cf. you need to get her back out in the water and race it. perfect for P5 OR P4 SBI or OPA 500 or 400 class.How could I forget the COOL RUNNING boat. thanks for the help Jeb you are one of the master craftsman in boating. it was cool when the phone was ringing and you would go done to the marinas and figure whats wrong for them. like the 40ft formula with trips 502,465hp. but a bing but a bam you had it running real quick everytime it would not start later jeb.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the new ride Art.

Can't wait to see it on the water next summer.

Hell, I might be looking for a ride or 3....

Steve
Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Yup you def. will be...
-Mike
Old 12-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
Good luck with the new ride Art.

Can't wait to see it on the water next summer.

Hell, I might be looking for a ride or 3....

Steve
THANKS ANYTIME, might move it around, keep it in plymouth for a month, fallriver, prov RI, WHEN WE GO OUT WITH GERRY, I'll give him a head start.hahahaa, I should have the motor by jan, it will take time to set the exhaust tails need to be made. looking for a 101mph for when DEAN comes to tune it in the prov river or fallriver in april, whats good I have a back up motor. its a solid hull being all glassed and corded. and light well known for its rough water prance up on the great lakes, it will take sometime to get use to it cause its been 3 yrs so easy 1st, but will see what it has with DEAN.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't be scared........
Old 12-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdub
Don't be scared........
haaha, not scared just not stupid when you get in a boat you never have run you got to take it out and baby it FEEL IT be part of the boat once you know the boat you can hang it out to dry like I did with my baja I knew what it could do in turns and how to out run the chinewalk did not have full steering like the saber will so there should be a big different there. at mid 80s my arm was moving so fast you could not see my watch. nope I am just trying to keep myseft in check, otherwise after the motor warms up it will be wide open which is wrong, Thats why I want Dean to come out and adjust the carbs cause he will nail it haha. john just trying to be nice. I might need a bigger gas tank on line it says only 90 gals, which ain't much for a 1100hp motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.