hey shorten that drive height >

hey shorten that drive height

Notices

Old 11-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey with the new props out, guys with OLD singles are leaving speed and handling on the table, my buds 31 sutphen and others 26 are both in the 4 3/8'' to 4 1/2'' with out blow out. but they do have sharp vee and chines, we have rounded like my baja which had a pad. I picked up some 7 to 8 mph with a carb change worth 2 or 3 the rest the 2'' shortie to bring me at 5 1/2'' prop shaft. so I could have gone more put a 2'' is the biggest for our drive, also you have the ex box 3'' raised one, the complaints are gee you got to raise the motor and exhaust won't line up. well if you have stock chit exhaust spend some coin on a used set of headers or manifold headers like STAINLESSMARINE, NOW YOU GET BETTER BREATHING=3MPH AND A RAISED BOX OR SHORTIE 3 TO 8 MPH maybe more with a new prop. I got 8mph in my baja with a carb change too and a guy got 7 by just the box3'' with a new exhaust you can oeder your tails to fit so no filling exhaust holes. theres no reason why a 500 or 525hp 28 saber should not go 72 to 74 with the right height drive. my baja is about the same size but shorter by 4ft my transoms bigger taller its a big 24 only 500 lighter well mine was 1000lbs got rid of some plywood and used decolite balsa which I think sabers might have used great stuff. so phuck the step boats old SABERS need a drive lift, like a face lift if people see them moving in flat water maybe we can get people to take a interest in ORDERING A NEW ONE cause I will make sure after kicking some azz in the kilos or pokerruns or p400 racing if they let blowers still in, to show people what these hulls look like explain about the coring, these days with what s glass, CF, kevlar I bet you could knock 500 lbs off a new SABER and with a new drive height get a 525 boat to 80 with out a step on it, maybe a notch for a higher drive height or the merc its or custom konrad ace which will handle 800hp easy, in my case hope 1100hp oh its close with the blower motor but should make it by a few inches hope to know by jan10, if anyone wants a DEAL ON A 3'' RAISED BOX get a hold of john or me he has a DEAL ON ONE and if you have stock exhaustjust plan on upgrading it and tell the co you need a gig to line up your tails that way they send you the header 1ST or exhaust manifold and a gig or you gey 4''pvc pipe cut and glue to fit your holes send back to be made. [and your boat will love you long time.] plus it will be faster and sound deeper better. call me or pm with QA

Last edited by AIR TIME; 11-07-2009 at 08:35 PM.