Old 07-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Half a mile at most
Old 07-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&xh...ed=0CBYQ8gEwAA

The Warf is marked in the link. To the north of the marina is the launch. The area with the launch is called Harbor Island.

There used to be some markers to help guide you out of the launch....so here is a tip. About 40' out from all the docks is ok, but anything more and you will be in very shallow water. Just out from the docks is a red buoy. Stay close to the docks and drive out from the center of all docks toward the red buoy and stay just to the right of it. Even if going to the coutesy docks, go out to the buoy, turn right, then turn right heading straight for the courtesy docks. Several try to go from the launch docks to the courtesy docks and end up stuck for a while.

You will pass the courtesy docks when you go to the ramp.

If you go to Spring Lake or the Holiday Inn you will want to be slightly careful. Once under the draw bridge you will see an island in the middle of the channel. Left brings you to Spring lake, Holiday Inn, or up river. If you follow the buoys, you are safe. If you go to the right, it is unmarked and you need to stay near shore and the docks. In front of the island it is very shallow. Many try to cut straight across from Holiday Inn to Grand Isle marina and end up stuck.

I will be in Purple Haze Friday and my Advantage Saturday.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered

The road to the launch is off 31 or N. Beacon rd. First road south of the drawbridge. If you're heading north on 31 take the first right before the d-bridge, it will take you around and under the bridge. Heading south take 1st right after the bridge, go west 1/4 mile take a right after the soccer field. This dead ends at the launch. Put in, trim up an go straight out from the launch. Go left after the red bouy heading out the channel. Take a hard left after the powerplant, stay left and pass the marina slips. Dead ends at the low 3rd street bridge and the Wharf.
Note; 101 N. Harbor rd. is not the launch.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the launch. Never been there so just google mapped it, sorry for any incorrect info. Two more days, looking forward to it. Weather looks like it should be OK too, chance of a T-storm but that is summer in MI.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Thanks for the heads up on the launch. Never been there so just google mapped it, sorry for any incorrect info. Two more days, looking forward to it. Weather looks like it should be OK too, chance of a T-storm but that is summer in MI.
Ya, I tried the google map to. The 101 North Harbor dr. may be good for some slips but only by water. Just after the left at the powerplant you will go past charter fish boats on the right. Next on the right are the smaller municipal slips. Usually several are open.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.