Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

a new outerlimits 50 is right around 20k a foot

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o54642-en.html
Old 01-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
it really doesn't matter how tuff it's built for that kind of money , back in 2005 I had a 28 pantera that was built just as tuff if not stronger , but when you jump into most 38 foot production gofast boat they will out run and handle a 28 footer in anything over 4 footer's . I had a brand new 35 Baja outlaw and also a used 38 sonic that would run circles around a 28 footer in anything over 4 foot sea's .
@ 65 mph the 28 footer would be air born most of the time where as the 35 and 38 where just breaking loose .
if they can get anywhere close to the $ 200 k mark I give them a lot of credit
just my 2 cents
mike
Sorry, been in a pantera and its NOT built as well. unless you have been in a Saber your just guessing. the Saber has way more freeboard too.

Plus when you pay for a Saber you will actually get one unlike the crooks at Pantera.

And do not forget this is a real 28 foot boat, NOT a -2 foot swim platform boat that is on an aluminum trailer.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
it really doesn't matter how tuff it's built for that kind of money , back in 2005 I had a 28 pantera that was built just as tuff if not stronger , but when you jump into most 38 foot production gofast boat they will out run and handle a 28 footer in anything over 4 footer's . I had a brand new 35 Baja outlaw and also a used 38 sonic that would run circles around a 28 footer in anything over 4 foot sea's .
@ 65 mph the 28 footer would be air born most of the time where as the 35 and 38 where just breaking loose .
if they can get anywhere close to the $ 200 k mark I give them a lot of credit
just my 2 cents
mike
How can you say it doesnt matter how well its built? How many 35-38' new boats with twin mercury 520's can you buy for 200K?
Its much cheaper to own a stock power 28 for insurance, storage and in particular towing vehicle and running in 2-3 foot waves is way fun throttling when the 38 is doing nothing.
Your comments run more to the ongoing debate about new vesus used and thats legitimate but their number this boat would eventually sell for will be at or below the market for a custom boat.
A buyer of this boat will not be disapointed and that cant be said for evey new boat.
NK
Old 02-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
How can you say it doesnt matter how well its built? How many 35-38' new boats with twin mercury 520's can you buy for 200K?
Its much cheaper to own a stock power 28 for insurance, storage and in particular towing vehicle and running in 2-3 foot waves is way fun throttling when the 38 is doing nothing.
Your comments run more to the ongoing debate about new vesus used and thats legitimate but their number this boat would eventually sell for will be at or below the market for a custom boat.
A buyer of this boat will not be disapointed and that cant be said for evey new boat.
NK
I think saber makes a great boat , i just got sticker shock when I saw the ad. you have to agree that the MSRP is on the high side

mike
Old 02-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think sticker shock on any new boat is the likely response. Have you seen what new center counsels cost these days.
As with most things I assume someone will pay less than the posted number to get a great boat but it will be pricey no matter what
NK
Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike

http://www.sunsationboats.com/32-s/

go to the bottom of the page and look at their pricing list, add external hyd steering, custom paint ,dts, vessel view and vantage view gauges, and a trailer and see where you end up at.
Then tell us about sticker shock. That is msrp, no one pays that number,

Jamie