Motor Builder Help >

Motor Builder Help

Notices

Motor Builder Help

Old 02-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Builder Help

I know I am entering sacred SBRT ground by requesting your assistance, but I was wondering any input some of you guys might have on a pair of motors built by Pat Musi there in the Jersey area. These are fresh motors dyno'd at 900 hp that are in a boat I am trying to buy. What do you think of his work and has anyone had work done by him before? I appreciate your input. By the way, I met a bunch of the SBRT group at the 2006 shootout at LOTO. We arranged for the lost child "ratman" to be delivered to you guys down there. Hope to have this new boat done by this year's event and the OSS championships there as well.

A little motor info, Merlin III tall deck blocks, Blower Shop polished 871 blower, JE Custom Pistons, Edelbrock Alum heads, Luniti Crank, Oliver Bullet Steel Rods, Crane cams and cam shafts, Isky lifters, holley 850 carbs, detuned with larger pulley to 2-4 lbs of boost (smaller pulley dyno'd at 894hp) Hoping to get some ideas for longevity, idle manners, I'd assume 92+ octane fuel, etc. The motors are said to be fresh (O Hours) in a 37 Stiletto Outerlimits.

Last edited by hammer01; 02-01-2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: More info
Old 02-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Motor Builder Help

musi worked on some crazy motors for some guys we knew, im sure jc and tantrum will chime in for ya... from what i know of he does real nce work, i think he is more of a car guy than a marine guy....
Old 02-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hammer01
I know I am entering sacred SBRT ground by requesting your assistance, but I was wondering any input some of you guys might have on a pair of motors built by Pat Musi there in the Jersey area. .
pics of wife will get you information... topless pics of wife will get you good information
Old 02-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by masher44
pics of wife will get you information... topless pics of wife will get you good information
does that mean true info or just good info?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yesrej
does that mean true info or just good info?
azz shots = true
Old 02-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

azz shots = true
thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered

I am confused, pics of you guys' wives, now that would not be anything new for anybody would it? Sorry for the bad humor, 10 degrees outside and buddies are leaving for Miami and I am staying, total B>>>>S>>>> hammer
Old 02-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer01
I know I am entering sacred SBRT ground by requesting your assistance, but I was wondering any input some of you guys might have on a pair of motors built by Pat Musi there in the Jersey area. These are fresh motors dyno'd at 900 hp that are in a boat I am trying to buy. What do you think of his work and has anyone had work done by him before? I appreciate your input. By the way, I met a bunch of the SBRT group at the 2006 shootout at LOTO. We arranged for the lost child "ratman" to be delivered to you guys down there. Hope to have this new boat done by this year's event and the OSS championships there as well.

A little motor info, Merlin III tall deck blocks, Blower Shop polished 871 blower, JE Custom Pistons, Edelbrock Alum heads, Luniti Crank, Oliver Bullet Steel Rods, Crane cams and cam shafts, Isky lifters, holley 850 carbs, detuned with larger pulley to 2-4 lbs of boost (smaller pulley dyno'd at 894hp) Hoping to get some ideas for longevity, idle manners, I'd assume 92+ octane fuel, etc. The motors are said to be fresh (O Hours) in a 37 Stiletto Outerlimits.

he has a good rep in the drag racing world. not sure about the marine. Try JC Perf he knows him and Zul worked for him a little while

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Pat does a decent job. I know of a 35 Cig that had his motors and had some issues but it's debatable whether or not he was the cause.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered

thanks for the input guys, shogren has pulled the motors out of the equation now, I think it always concerns people when you get up to that horsepower and you are paying 50k + for motors that you know nothing about, just my .02 and almost my 50K i guess. Did anyone know the 37 stiletto at shogren's that i was referencing, it supposedly came from the jersey area.

Quick Reply: Motor Builder Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.