SBRT to attend 2008 Pirates Run >

SBRT to attend 2008 Pirates Run

Notices

SBRT to attend 2008 Pirates Run

Old 11-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SBRT to attend 2008 Pirates Run

I have been talking to Stecz about this for a couple weeks and he also feels it will be a cool run---check out the photos at www.senecapowerboats.com DATE(june 20-22 2008) seems to be about a 210 mile ride to the finger lakes from my house (lake Geo is 178 miles from my house) www.showboat-motel.com rooms are $49-$69, I am waiting for info on the cost of the poker run itself and what it includes.

Last edited by JoeD; 11-11-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

I've been telling the guys to go to this run for a few years now. But no one was interested.

Any way it’s a great weekend and the #1 poker run on our list. We been going with Dave with the 32 sunsation with the single motor for the past few years.

We found a great hotel called the Anchor Inn in Watkins Glenn.

Rooms are better than the Showboat ( where they host the party) . They have there own docks for $10 a day and a Tiki bar on the water. It’s also the last card stop on the run. I find it better when the run is over to dock your boat at your slip and drive to the Showboat for the party rather than navigate the lake at night. They only have about 10 docks and 20 or so rooms, so make your reservations now.

Keep in mind if you are thinking of staying at the Showboat they have very limited slips ( about 10) and I would guarantee that they are all sold out. You will have to tie up to one of the few moorings and you will have other people raft up to you over night. The lake can get very rough if there is a north or south wind. I've seen 5 ft ers out there and it can wip up fast. Beware of rafting up.

I will have jessica get the hotel info tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

The cost of the run last year was around $145. Included lunch and dinner and prize $$$. They have some nice raffles and additional prizes as well. Lunch is hamburgers, hot dogs, salads and soda. It wasn't bad at all. Dinner is usually a BIG BBQ style cook out. Also not bad. More food than you could eat. They have 1 or 2 bands play and best dressed pirates costume contest. usualy we will party in to the night and then head back to the TiKi bar to finnish the night and walk back ( stumble) to our hotell rooms safley.

Last edited by Hot Boat; 11-11-2007 at 08:55 PM. Reason: jersy steve is my *****
Old 11-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Registered

Sounds great Paul I am In and I will enlist Bernie and Lisa. Paul can I assume most of the drinking is BYO also?

Last edited by JoeD; 11-11-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been doing some chatting with the fella that organizes the run, i told him we are gonna be up there in full force for this one... sbrt really needs to be more involved in the local runs, for support reasons and it seems these are the runs we have the most fun at.... we will really be working with bob this year to squeeze every once of fun out of the season.. stay tuned for the runs we will be supporting, and attending in full force..... your leader stecz....
Old 11-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

All drinks are BYO,

The run over the years has grown for a reason. Last season there was a much larger turnout of bigger and more powerful boats. The Poker Runs America run in A Bay is the same weekend and it seemed every year that run get smaller and smaller. If I remember correctly the Pirates run had almost 100 boats and the PRA run had 14. The two run are only a 1.5 + or - hrs apart.

Jessica called the Anchor inn today, and they are not taking reservation until the New Year. Ill have Jessica remind everyone when its time to make reservations.

Also keep in mind that Seneca Lake is NYS wine country. The hillsides around the lake are mostly vineyards. You can spend an entire day touring the area wine tasting.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Registered

Sounds great ----I will be waiting for the reminder
Old 11-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeD
Sounds great Paul I am In and I will enlist Bernie and Lisa. Paul can I assume most of the drinking is BYO also?
JOeeeeeeeeeee...good looking out brutha !!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

f bern, hes a punk... tired of his ass....
Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
f bern, hes a punk... tired of his ass....
cmere...i got a job for ya planting tulips

Quick Reply: SBRT to attend 2008 Pirates Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.