Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
26' Larry Smith F1 >

26' Larry Smith F1

Notices

26' Larry Smith F1

Old 09-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be very interested in your shorty results. My prop also feels and looks deep. I just sent my carb off to be matched with the cam change the previous owner made. Will also be trying a labbed 28 bravo 1. Stock 26 bravo 1 was very stable. Also tried a Rev 4 25 because I had it and thought it had too much bow lift and felt less stable. How did you do in the race?
600 horses ought to really get it moving!
Greg
Old 02-26-2010, 02:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26 f1

I tested the boat in november and was planning on taking it to key west but, things didn't work out. I put ported afr heads a cam and a new msd ignition and a distributor with soft touch rev limiter. The motor is now in the 625hp range. I kept the drive at standard height still. I only tested it with the 26 pitch bravo std prop. The boat is a whole different animal and will snap your neck from 40-70mph. The best we saw with the tired motor was 80mph. We saw 88 in rough water still dialing in the motor with zero prop change. I used to own a factory one world champion 29 fever that isn't half the boat this is. We also installed a 5 place intercom system with vhf so it's race ready.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default san diego

http://www.nwspeedshots.com/lc/2009/...ego/index.html
Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

Northwest,
My motor has been gone through but is close to stock. A bit more compression and higher lift cam. These changes were made when I bought it. I like a labbed 28 Bravo the best. Spins around 5000 at 78+ GPS. I have 10.5 compression and mixed in some race fuel one time and may have picked up a few more.
You must be screaming with your 26 bravo 1. What kind of rpms at 88? I wouldn't be surprised if you topped 90 when she's dialed in. I did hear a comment that was from someone involved in building these that you don't want to try a shortie unless you have a death wish. My stock set up is rock solid in terms of handling.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PowerboatsNW
I tested the boat in november and was planning on taking it to key west but, things didn't work out. I put ported afr heads a cam and a new msd ignition and a distributor with soft touch rev limiter. The motor is now in the 625hp range. I kept the drive at standard height still. I only tested it with the 26 pitch bravo std prop. The boat is a whole different animal and will snap your neck from 40-70mph. The best we saw with the tired motor was 80mph. We saw 88 in rough water still dialing in the motor with zero prop change. I used to own a factory one world champion 29 fever that isn't half the boat this is. We also installed a 5 place intercom system with vhf so it's race ready.
Which 29 fever did you own??
Old 03-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Which 29 fever did you own??
The very same boat that you throttled....
Old 03-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PowerboatsNW
WOW Joe!!!! You are the man!!! Based on the standard prop/speed formula you are putting out 6100 RPM's at those speeds with a 26. Its a shame you didnt know how to handle the Fountain as with a stock sealed 500 she has run 86 in race trim(in an actual race) and maxed out at 92.7 last year while testing. Not bad for a boat that isn't half the boat that you have now. But then again, we totally redid the Fever after you had it and brought it back to the way you received it.

The Scarab F1 is a very good boat as I had hull #6 for approx 6 mths back in 2001. Fortunately at the time, we had the very same Fever sitting in the shop right next to her and both boats excel in different areas. Comfort wise, I'll take the Scarab any day as it is a sit down, but if I need a gun in a gun fight(race), I'll take the Fever into any battle.

We're bumping up the motor this year to approx 625 hp as well so if you want to come play, Joe, you know where to find me. I keep the invoices in my brief case at all times, so I would love to hook up with you and have a beer or two.

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 03-15-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered

F1-00, how did hull # 6 perform back then in stock form?
Do you remember what prop you were running?
That's the same hull No. I have now. Where did it go when
you sold it?
Thanks in advance for any information you have. Not much information out there now about them.
Greg
Old 03-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Registered

Greg,
call me
I believe I have the brand new lifting straps that belong to that boat in my garage that I need to get to you(no charge as they rightfully belong to that boat)

Trent

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 03-15-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
But then again, we totally redid the Fever after you had it and brought it back to the way you received it.
You're not the only one who had to totally redo a 29 Fever... Lucky you still have yours...

Quick Reply: 26' Larry Smith F1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.