new to the forum

Notices

new to the forum

Old 02-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new to the forum

Here some pics of paint job. Stock from the factory. Pics of the 509cid Whipple motor with all the good internals. JE pistons, Comp cam, CRANE gold roller rockers. TO date the the motor is putting out 645HP at 5200 and 4 pounds of boost.
Fuel has been curved on the top end for a pulley change to boost to 7 or 8 punds of boost. Should get me to 700 or so HP.
Attached Thumbnails new to the forum-dsc00001%5B1%5D.jpg   new to the forum-dsc00002%5B1%5D.jpg   new to the forum-dsc01074%5B1%5D.jpg  

Old 02-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 29scarab
Here some pics of paint job. Stock from the factory. Pics of the 509cid Whipple motor with all the good internals. JE pistons, Comp cam, CRANE gold roller rockers. TO date the the motor is putting out 645HP at 5200 and 4 pounds of boost.
Fuel has been curved on the top end for a pulley change to boost to 7 or 8 punds of boost. Should get me to 700 or so HP.
I just got my 26' lastyear and am starting some motor upgrades. I,ve got a 502mag and am looking at exhaust first.Did you do all the upgrades or previous owner do some? I'm asking because the exhaust companies all claim 20-40HP increase. I want to know if it's noticeable?
Here's mine.
Attached Thumbnails new to the forum-ca8puh5e.jpg   new to the forum-ca94qpdb.jpg  
Old 02-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Registered

I wanted to put upbetter pics,but it says they are too large. Anybody know any tricks toget around this?I'm new here.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 29scarab
scarabguy,

Boat looks great! Nice upgrades. What year is yours? Mine is a 96 and thought I would post some upgrades of mine that I have done. Here some pics of the new dash panels and guages and shifter. GPS speedo. Also interior redone without the handles on back of bolsters. The Stellings extension box with IMCO full hydraulic steering.
Thank u again..your boat is also sweet i love that paint job as well...looks clean..is the whole boat clear coated..?
Mine is also a 96..i have just taken my rear seat handles off and are being painted yellow fading into orange to match seats.i love the guages are those livorsi/gaffrig?The controls are alos a nice touch..How fast is that boat with those mods?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Its the factory paint,,,so not sure if its clear coated. I'm not a paint guy by any means.The gauges are livorsi with custom bezels, 2000,01 dash panels installed with gaffrig shifters with trim switch built in. GPS speedo with built in recall.

The motor is currently at the race shop. I honestly have no idea how fast it is. With the stock motor and Whipple I changed props once to get me in the 5050 range and never played with it anymore. I was keeping the motor in what I felt was a safe operating range.

Now,,,with the 509cid, I will be tweaking the props until I get closer to the 5400 the rev limiter is set for. I will also be changing the pulleys to get the boost I want. The stock 502 Whipple got me in the low 70 to 73. With the new engine tweaked in I'm looking for 80 or better.

We'll see what happens. I'm still a couple of months out from having the boat put back together.

But its going to kick some major ASS on the lake!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: new to the forum

Scarabguy, Welcome .Very nice looking Scarab !!!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Scarabguy, where do you boat out of???......there is a handful of us Ontario OSOers and we get together once in awhile.......doug
Old 02-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Registered

Oh ....sorry.......nice looking 29!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pull my trigger
Hey Scarabguy, where do you boat out of???......there is a handful of us Ontario OSOers and we get together once in awhile.......doug
Hi doug..
I boat out of penetanguishene ...georgian bay.I actually have a place on georgian bay.That also where i live obviously!
lol..
Where do u boat mostly T.O as well or do u meet up here?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Registered

I rarely go in Lake Ontario......Im mostly in the Bobcaygeon, Fenlon Falls area......we go to Orillia a quite a bit too......meet up there

Quick Reply: new to the forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.