1998 38' Scarab for Sale >

1998 38' Scarab for Sale

Notices

1998 38' Scarab for Sale

Old 11-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1998 38' Scarab for Sale

Hey guys, I am putting my 1998 38' Scarab up for sale. Here is the link to the ad on BoatTrader.com:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/2/81535812.htm

Contact me at: John Haydock
[email protected]
or (847) 336-5515
or post a question here.

Here is the description:
1998 SCARAB Scarab 38' This Scarab is a real head turner. The engines are screamers. Mercury beefs up the 502 and adds a B&M 420 Mega Blower to attain the normal 600 HP. Both 600 SC engines have been rebuilt this year with the best parts possible. New high performance cams and Hydraulic Roller Lifters were installed to make the engines bullet proof. Both Carbs were also rebuilt and both engines were dyno'd. Both now put out around 650 Horsepower. The engines have less than 40 hours since refresh and are under warranty until March 06. I put $40k into the engines and other improvements like painting the engine compartment, new sea water pumps, new batteries, new billet battery boxes, new fuel pumps, new metal mesh cooling hoses with chrome fittings for great looking CMI headers, New Grant white steering wheel with Chrome spokes and new Purple billet hub and center cap, and I had the valve covers chromed. The engines actually draw a crowd when I leave the hatch up at the dock.
Boat has one of the best stereos that I have ever heard on a boat. It includes a Jensen special marine 10 disk changer that has a 10 second memory so it is impossible to skip. The unit also has two control heads. One on the dash and one in the cabin. You could add a third on the transom if you want. There are 2 Phoenix Gold Xenon amplifiers. Phoenix Gold's best amp line. The subwoofer amp is a TRUE 1200 watts RMS. The other amp is a 4 channel x 4oo watt RMS per channel. There are 4 Rockford Fosgate 8" subs and 2 of Pioneer's top marine 6.5 coax speaker on deck and 2 more in the cabin.
I just put in new carpet on deck this year. It has an enclosed head with vacu-flush toilet. The electric bolster seats up front allow you to drop out the bottom and stand up while still secure as the seats wrap around you. The entire boat is in MINT condition. It has switchable exhaust so you can talk when going through a channel or flip it off and let the big dogs roar. Both Bravo one drives look like new and I just put 2 new bravo 26" 4 blade Props on it that bring it on plane in a heartbeat. It has Gaffrig Gauges with Purple billet bezels. I just added a new 4 handle Gaffrig Purple powder coated throttles and shifters with lights and built in trim switch so your hands never have to leave the throttles.This boat is cherry and a real attention getter. Everyone I pass has their eyes on this boat and everyone comments on what a great looker it is. But then again if you want to be alone just hammer the throttles and this Perfect Storm (Name of the boat) will leave everyone in your wake as you climb to 80 MPH. This 38' boat crushes the best waves Lake Michigan has to offer. Boat comes with a triple axle aluminum trailer with hydraulic brakes. I would never sell this precious baby after all that I put into it if it weren't for financial problems. It is either the boat or the house. It's a hard decision although my wife assures me the right one. +
Attached Thumbnails 1998 38' Scarab for Sale-john0361.jpg   1998 38' Scarab for Sale-john3411.jpg  
Old 11-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 1998 38' Scarab for Sale

Very cool looking boat. I have always like your graphics. Best of luck in selling her.