Need feedback >

Need feedback

Notices

Need feedback

Old 04-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need feedback

Ok guys. Please take a look at my ad and give me some honest feedback. Am I way too high on my price? What do you think it should be? Is the boat just too old? I hear how everyone loves the flatdecks but I've only gotten one call back in about Nov. and one in late Feb. Some input would be appreciated.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8861.html
Old 04-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Re: Need feedback

Hi Ted you and I talked about our boats and I dont think it is an unreasonable price to the right person. Have you gotten any offers on it? I put my boat on ebay last fall to see what intrest it would get and the highest bid was 15000.00. I saw a restored 1983 Excalibur 40 ft hawk going for 20000.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I have watched ebay for 38 Scarabs and did see a later model go for 60 but did not sell. It seems that when the same boat was relisted, it got less money the 2nd time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/38ft-...QQcmdZViewItem

Knowing the rarity of the engine/drive package we have. I dont think that 47 is unreasonable, but you have to point that out and point out why someone would want turbo's over blowers. Only time will tell. I
Old 04-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

My opinion is the intérior looks too old compared to the exterior of the boat, all that compared to the 47 k. I've clicked on it a couple time and each time I would read the gale bank turbo, I always though it would be hard to sell because of the turbos... So, bottom line, sorry for that, too expensive for and older interior + turbo engine because of reliability. I would take the turbo off... Hope it helps.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with some of the post. I think in this market right now everyone wants to buy as new a spossible with there budget. It going to be hard to find someone that wants to pony up the cash for a boat of that age. As far as the turbo's go, there are some company's going back to them for reliability and not being hard on engines at low speeds. I would either upgrade the turbo's or take them off and set them aside.

You have to face facts your going to have to find someone looking for something more on the nastalgic side of boating or the love of Scarab history. I think its in great shape for the age considering how much more newer boats are not taken care of and trashed out.

I don't know if this helps you or not, but may shed some different light on it.

Good luck,
Shawn
Old 04-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input. I guess I'm the only one that likes the turbo's. I'm not the kind of driver that needs the power all the time. I can stay out of them when I'm just crusing, which is 99% of the time, but the power is there if some yahoo wants to try to prove a point. I would say that if the buyer dosen't like them he can sell them and put the money towards the power of his choice. But again thanks for your honest input.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

you gotta' admit......its a pretty old boat so having a survey wouldnt be a bad idea......and speed on gps......after all its a performance boat......
Old 04-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OK - I'm the crazy one - I loved my Banks Turbo setup - Simple setup / massive power, no pully's / belts etc. to worry about. Who else is making 12 lbs boost out there?
Old 04-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Registered

Thanks, Scarab28. Glad to see someone knows the benifits of the turbo set up. Why pump all that boost in when you don't need it. But I guess you wouldn't know unless you've owned one. I've even been thinking about pulling the turbo motors out of the Scarab and putting them in my new boat.

As far as the interior goes. I think it has a lot more style than the cabin of the new boats. Lookin at them is like lookin at the inside of my refridgerator. Nothin but white and cold. As far as the price. I've seen them sell in the mid 30's in not as good condition.

Last edited by kaama377; 04-24-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered

Well I researched similar 38s on YachtWorld and Trader from 1980 - 1983 and the prices ranged from $37,000 - $43,000. So I dropped the price to $43,000 and of coarse that's negociable. Somebody buy this thing. I just found a 50' Scarab that I have to have. But I need to get rid of this one.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

post pictures of this 50 ' scarab! I don't recall seing one of them !

Quick Reply: Need feedback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.