anyone looking for a 28 scarab? >

anyone looking for a 28 scarab?

Notices

anyone looking for a 28 scarab?

Old 06-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone looking for a 28 scarab?

Getting ready to list my 28 scarab. Anyone know anybody looking for one? I haven't made up my mind on price yet. I have two power options. Fresh 454 with B&M 174 blower or stock 330 hp. The blower motor is currently installed, but I want it for my new boat. The boat has fresh Awlgrip (all white) interior is in good shape, gaffrig monster gauges. Anyone interested or have any ideas on how I should price it?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerRichie
Getting ready to list my 28 scarab. Anyone know anybody looking for one? I haven't made up my mind on price yet. I have two power options. Fresh 454 with B&M 174 blower or stock 330 hp. The blower motor is currently installed, but I want it for my new boat. The boat has fresh Awlgrip (all white) interior is in good shape, gaffrig monster gauges. Anyone interested or have any ideas on how I should price it?
LET'S SEE SOME PICS...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Registered

Default new at this so hope it works

I will take pictures this weekend. This is a picture a one I found on internet and edited to show graphics. Hope they don't mind. I just ordered scarab racing decals and will install next week. Are you looking for one? My biggest poblem is deciding what to do with power. It is a great boat for someone looking for a nice looking boat that handles rough water great (chesapeake bay) and has decent accomadations for cabin (good for wife and kids). It has been updated with new paint, gauges and motor. I would like to keep the 525hp blown 454cid for my new boat and will be more flexible on price with the 330hp 454cid. If price is less important than speed and you want a good looking nice handling boat I can be pretty flexible on price with the 330. I am considering putting a cam in the 330 to get the speed up, but if speed is not so important, will sell it however you want it. I have done the research and owned the boat for 6 years with three different power options and can tell you that with 330hp it should run close to 60. With a cam upgrade, I can get it to low 60s. With the blower motor that is currently installed it runs 70. I have already raised the drive 1", which made a pretty big difference in the cruise speed. Sorry for long message, and I hope the attachment works, cause I am rookie to OSS posting messages. Not rookie owning offshore powerboats though. In fifteen years have owned 20' Baha 260hp (not high performance enough), 20' cigarette 425hp (awsome but not big enough), 28' scarab 365-525hp (best rough water handler for size and still economical to run), 32' Fountain 1300hp (again awsome, see hp, but couldn't quite afford fuel and parts), now a 26' Scarab (TBD, but it has the same great handling hull as this 28 but no cabin or swim platform). Hoping the wife doesn't notice the lack of swim platform and cabin. That is why the 26' is staying at buddy's house until the 28 is sold. Let me know if you are interested in more info. The only thing stopping me from listing, is I am looking for feedback on power option. More power has advantages and disadvantages depending on buyer. To quote my engine builder, "it is just a matter of cubic dollars". Again hope there isn't a limit on verbage on the OSS website. and sorry to whoever's boat I stole the pic from. They were asking 26k for their boat and it appears to be gone now.
Attached Thumbnails anyone looking for a 28 scarab?-decay-only-scarab-rich.jpg  
Old 06-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered

Default took the pics, but don't think they loaded on the site

Took some last night, but it seems as if the files are too big. Don't know how to resize, but can e-mail if you want.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered

Default I'll try again with the pics

have more pics, but didn't know there was a limit. I guess I'll figure out how to deal with that next.
Attached Thumbnails anyone looking for a 28 scarab?-resized-cockpit.jpg   anyone looking for a 28 scarab?-resized-port-side.jpg   anyone looking for a 28 scarab?-resized-blower-motor.jpg  

Old 06-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered

Default just listed it

check it out in the scarab section of the classifieds
Old 06-15-2007, 12:20 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

in the general forum, there is a guy looking for a new hull.
he was looking for a project a while back.
i think he goes by 'enforcer24'

Maybe offer it w/o power?