Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Larry Smith Scarab >

Larry Smith Scarab

Notices

Larry Smith Scarab

Old 07-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

[QUOTE=pachanga;2190161] Sounds like the difference beteween an LS Scarab and a Wellcraft Scarab are like the difference between a Pachanga and a Wellcraft!

Yeah Cause Pachangas have been so successful on the race course over the years compared to Scarabs, both LS and built by Wellcraft.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a note about the 26 Step bottoms F1 Race Boats, The hull and decks were made at Team Scarab and the hull and decks
were glassed togeather 100 persent and then shipped to wellcraft to be rigged.
The same mold was used but the steps were added to the mold and as far as I know No boats have been made since then.
Mike J.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=scarabman;2190429]
Originally Posted by pachanga
Sounds like the difference beteween an LS Scarab and a Wellcraft Scarab are like the difference between a Pachanga and a Wellcraft!

Yeah Cause Pachangas have been so successful on the race course over the years compared to Scarabs, both LS and built by Wellcraft.
I never heard of Searay trying to get in the racing business! The only proof I needed was the poor quality I saw in all the Wellcraft boats I looked at(as well as others). I am not trying to knock you guys. But the Pachanga I bought was the 1st boat I drove that didn't feel like it was gonna bust all to pieces when ya hit another boat's wake or whatever! Here I was sitting in a 20 year old boat that was solid as a rock! The craftmanship just oozed out of it! I am certain it is not the fastest boat out there. But it is definitely onna the better built boats out there!
Old 07-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Its great that you are impressed with your boat, we should all love our toys, but my suggestion would be drive more boats.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

Once again could ,does anyone know specifically the differences (in depth)between the two .)For example how are they layed up differently,what difference in materials Kevlar,Carben Fiber if any are used ?Are extra stringers used.Are they left in the mold longer?Is the rigging job different ,if so how? Is the marine hardware different if so how?ECT,ECT,ECT.For my intended use of this boat all the above is extremely relevant.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Registered

PS for example i realize the LSBoats are made in Calif and are lighter.What exactly makes them lighter (omitting the cabin and luxury items OR construction material differences ECT.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Registered

Joe , theres a million old busted boats out there. Buy one.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered

Reddeath I agree with Hunster, You keep asking the same Question, Team Scarab builds custom Hi-Performance boats
not production boats of the 26s built from 85 to 2002 that I
have records of in front of me NO two were the same they were all built oneoff.
So Im closing up my box and putting it back in storage.
I think you should by a used "Pachanga" Good Luck
Mike J.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mike J
So Im closing up my box and putting it back in storage.
I think you should by a used "Pachanga" Good Luck
Mike J.

Thats funny right there!!! I don't care what U say!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Registered

I realize they(Larry Smith) builds CUSTOM high performance boats, but NO ONE so far has told me the exact differences from the PRODUCTION WELLCRAFT .Hunster your too funny .You know exactly how i plan to run this boat.(I just want to make sure its as well built if not better then my old Sutphen which was not exactly a production boat )

Quick Reply: Larry Smith Scarab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.