Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Scarab 34 down under >

Scarab 34 down under

Notices

Scarab 34 down under

Old 08-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Priceb I would steer clear of the Fastlanes. They date back to the 90s build in Aust. & they were average at best in performance.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Registered

Jez, I've got my cigarette top gun on a ship right now coming from florida, i'm not going near one. I was just saying I was quite shocked by the top speed claimed. check it out on boat point.com

did you buy the 31 from Qld? If am correct I looked at that when It was sold, it was a steal. Nice boat.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered

Jez,

I have I missed your post regarding the trailering a 34 in Australia. Yep, that was me with the cigarette and problems towing it.

I decided to bring it out anyway. I would like to speak with you regarding trailering your boat. if you have had problems im in strife!!!!!

My plans are to seperate the boat/trailer and get the trailer registered and try my luck, or b. park it at my mates property near martha cove in vic. (new marina built there) and I could tow it through the back streets to the ramp (1/2 a mile), or c. put it in pier 35 for 13k p.a. which I think is extaution. Expecially with the price of fuel adding another 13 thousand a year to store it is a heap of money.

How do you think I will go with towing it?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Registered

Default many thanks

why are the 34 not suited for offshore? is the freeboard too low?
or some other reason related to beam width?. is the hull the right shape for offshore work ?
roger
Old 08-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered

No probs Priceb. You can pm me or email [email protected]
Old 08-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Registered

Priceb I think you also had a youtube link to your boat running at a pier in the US. Was it an 89 that the previous owner spared no expense? Man that is one sweet ride. She is definitely one to leave home for!! What does she run? Any possibility in taking an old Wellcraft owner for a run when I am next in Melb?
Old 08-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Registered

Default hey Jez350 and priceb

I am bringing the boat down to Sydney. regards the USA outboards, missed them when we were 86 cents and then just when a pair of BF225's came on the market on ebay we were 77 c. So given , at 80.5 cents it would cost $33,000 after 15% and freight and instalaation(engines have to be made in USA for free trade agreement), I brought a pair for $44,000 new , fitted, guaranteed from TR marine in SYdney to be fitted next week.
I like the Honda long stroke 93 mm verus 250 Yamaha at only 80 mm, and therin lies the fuel consumption difference at crusing speed. + proper VTEC and lean burn inlet sensors.

I am still fascinated as to whether to order 3 blade or 4 blade and what diameter and pitch? Any advice from the group?
Roger
Old 08-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Registered

Hi Roger,

I'm not an outboard guy (2 x 454 mercs). What pitch & blade count do you currently have. I'm guessing a 4 blade 23 pitch would get you out of the whole nicely?? Priceb...??
Old 08-25-2007, 04:30 AM
Registered

Hey guys,

Sorry, I'm half asleep. I've just driven into Salinas near San Francisco and its about 2am.

You are right jez, that was my boat on the youtube link. The guy I bought it off spent heaps on it. I got it for 65k usd. It does 79mph with a 1/4 tank and 2 guys. I would be more than happy to take you for a run in it when I get it. I will email you when I get a sec about the dramas you have had. Our laws are out of control.

Today I was at SC Performance in Huntington Beach. The boats were simply stunning. He had a cig 42 that does 107mph, a spectre 32 with twin 1200hp's that will do over 160mph, a t/s gunn. Boys, it just goes on and on...I didn't want to leave!.

I've got to get some sleep. I've got a massive 3 days coming up here!
Old 08-25-2007, 04:33 AM
Registered

P.s. Roger,

I'm not an outboard guy either. Just wanted to say that, however there is another guy on here from Australia called Kubcat (jim is his name) and he has a 36 cig in Sydney and he had outboards on it. I am sure he would be more than happy to help.

Quick Reply: Scarab 34 down under

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.