Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Wellcraft 26 Nova ST >

Wellcraft 26 Nova ST

Notices

Wellcraft 26 Nova ST

Old 08-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if it makes you feel better I'm in the same boat. I spent the week cleaning 19 years of grease out of the bilge hoping to get my new transom assembles in this week at last. Gives you a new perspective on the boat to spend so much time in the bilge, but I do think you appreciate and enjoy the boat more having put some blood and sweat into the deal.

P.S. not really the issue at hand for either of us at the moment, but do I see in the photos that small curved sections of your windshield are a bit fogged too? For some reason just the curved sections of mine fogged, but unfortunately those are probably the expensive difficult ones to replace.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered

Yeah I hear Ya. The windows are crystal clear on mine, I think its just a reflection.

Last edited by RippersVF2; 08-18-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 737jetmech
I have a 1990 Nova ST with twin 600 plus engines ... raised the drives 1.5 inches ... it has run 91.4 on gps on a good day 88.7 any other day of the week. The thing is a rocket and can out accellerate just about any boat out there. It is a handfull to drive on flat water (chine walk) ... much better in a nice chop ... other mods include 24 inch tabs ... imco full hydraulic steering and XR drives with nose cones.
Would love to see some pictures if you ever feel like posting some. It would be cool to see what my boat would look like if I ever won the lottery!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Registered

So close. This year my ST got brand new sterndrives. New transom assemblies. New trim pumps. New steering cable. Put her in for the first real shakedown cruise and last trip of the season this year. Fresh oil change. Over $7000 of parts alone, not counting the labor.

I was worried sick because the temperature unexpectedly dropped down to 28 for four hours last night, so I checked oil level and oil before leaving the dock. (I knew it was cutting it close with 35 degrees at nights next to the water, but wanted one good trip of the season after missing June, July, August, and September replacing everything else.

Oil pressure was between 10 (idle) and 40 (WOT) on the port engine as it was before which was a concern but seemed ok for an engine with 700 hours on her. Temp was cool thanks to the cold water. 3 hour cruise went super smooth - was taking it easy on drives since they're still under 10 hours.

Was about 2 minutes from the dock at 50 mph having decided to pull her for the year content that everything was finally in place. That moment I dropped a valve on the port engine! Blow by smoke coming out of the valve cover vents to the carb. I didn't react quickly because I was stunned after such a perfect cruise and setting everything as perfect for next season at last in my mind, and I was listening all day to the new sterndrives so that was my first thought when I heard the pop. I don't think it would have made any difference though since with 700 hours on stock 350 mercruiser mags it makes more sense to replace.

After this I don't think there will be a single mechanical thing from 1990 except for a secondary bilge pump and battery cables left on the boat, and even those had their terminals replaced.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

My nieghbor has a 91 26 nova.... dont know st or what but has twin 7.4's. Its painted red with the windshield also painted red. Looks really nice but thats about the best thing about the boat. Nothing but problems for 4 years. Drive pumps not working, engine stalling,bad exhasust manifolds,starters,one gimbal assembly,fuel pumps,....ect. Little by little we are replaceing everthing that goes on it. Almsot ever trip out something had happened. If it where me that boat would have been at the bottem of L.I. Sound!!!! But he keeps going with it. When it does run right..... WATCH OUT..... That boat flies with an est. 400HP a side its a solid 80mph but not yet confirmed through gps.You know the speed when your face begins to sting! Pretty soon,hopefully next season the boat will be 100%...Might be for sale also???
Old 05-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Yeah, mine is for sale $16,500 obo
Old 06-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RippersVF2
Here are a few pictures

Nice nova i think it was mine at one time.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nova26
I have a 90 Wellcraft Nova 26 ST. I've run it from one end of loto to the other. Theres not a nother 26 that will pass me.
I was pretty proud of it back in 07 from reading my old post. Lol. GPS this weekend 54mph 3 people 100gal of gas. I hope my next boat is as good as this one. 9 years of LOTO heavy use. 22years old and still solid and tight when you hit LOTO waves. I think it found a new home, I priced it to a buddy of mine and he shook my hand and said sold. Said I'll have a check in two weeks. Kind of wish I didn't price it
Old 04-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nova26
I was pretty proud of it back in 07 from reading my old post. Lol. GPS this weekend 54mph 3 people 100gal of gas. I hope my next boat is as good as this one. 9 years of LOTO heavy use. 22years old and still solid and tight when you hit LOTO waves. I think it found a new home, I priced it to a buddy of mine and he shook my hand and said sold. Said I'll have a check in two weeks. Kind of wish I didn't price it
Hope you don't mind me asking but what price range are you at for your ST...just dropped mine off to have everything replaced from the bulkhead to the transom. Has new motors, drives and full custom interior(sunpad through cuddy) done last year

I have about 18,000 into the boat now and cant find many more ST's for sale to get an idea of how deep i am getting into it.

Good looking boat though!! Thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Registered

What is the hull type of the 1991 Nova ST 26 , does the "ST" means stepped hull? really wanted to know this. hope someone can answer.

Quick Reply: Wellcraft 26 Nova ST

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.