Bought a Scarab 22

Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 PM
NoQuarter

Congrats!

You're going to love that boat!

Old 10-11-2007, 03:10 PM
NoQuarter

BTW,

That speed sounded about right for your load and conditions.

I don't have a gps, but my speedo read 65 with my Mirage prop, and now reads 68 with the new Mirage-Plus. This is in ideal chop conditions, fresh water and, trimming perfectly right.

Trimming with the new Mirage-Plus is very different. It seems to have a larger sweet spot. But the sweet spot is not as 'noticable' and 'sharp' as it was with the standard Mirage. Also, it doesn't seem as good out of the hole and you can feel slippage at times. But I did gain 3MPH on the speedo.

The Mirage-Plus has vent holes in it that are covered with rubber plugs. I think you can play around with these remove the plugs or get different size plugs... they are supposed to help your hole shot... I think... but not sure. Something to research this winter.

I would definately recommend this prop, though.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by agchoset
Yeah, I may wind up trying it myself -- since I just blew the transmission in my Tahoe (tow vehicle), cash is gonna be tight! I got a quote for $300 or so, for new cable, new boot, and labor.

I haven't picked up the boat yet, I'll get pics when I do.

I think I'll go online and order the factory service manual later today -- I was going to get them from sterndrives.com, unless someone has a better source.

Thanks!
Andrew
Andrew,

let me know if you are going to tackle it yourself, I have had a bravo drive off before, but it has been a while. I would be glad to stop by and give a hand.

Rick
Old 10-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Thanks for the offer, Rick... my priority right now is to get a trailer made for it (as if I have any $ for that after the transmission deal )... Managed to fit the boat in my garage, but the tongue sticks out 3 or 4 feet.

I'll let you know what I decide to do... I'll probably head down to Ft. Lauderdale on saturday to drop off the boat/trailer so they can start working on a new trailer. I'll have the old one for sale if anyone knows someone (Performance brand trailer, galvanized, tandem axle, disc brakes on one axle but needs new lines, brand new tires, leaf springs, and winch).

As far as the props -- the boat was sold to me with 2 props -- a 3-blade Mirage 25P, and a 4-blade 22P. It was tested last week using the 3-blade Mirage 25.

-Andrew
Old 10-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the offer, Rick... my priority right now is to get a trailer made for it (as if I have any $ for that after the transmission deal )... Managed to fit the boat in my garage, but the tongue sticks out 3 or 4 feet.

I'll let you know what I decide to do... I'll probably head down to Ft. Lauderdale on saturday to drop off the boat/trailer so they can start working on a new trailer. I'll have the old one for sale if anyone knows someone (Performance brand trailer, galvanized, tandem axle, disc brakes on one axle but needs new lines, brand new tires, leaf springs, and winch).

As far as the props -- the boat was sold to me with 2 props -- a 3-blade Mirage 25P, and a 4-blade 22P. It was tested last week using the 3-blade Mirage 25.

-Andrew
Andrew congrats on the new boat. If your running a 25P 3 blade you should go with a 24P 4 blade.I will be getting one for mine, I will let you know how it works.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Registered

As far as the dash it can be fixed
Old 10-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Registered

any color you want
Attached Thumbnails Bought a Scarab 22-before.jpg   Bought a Scarab 22-1newdash.jpg  
Old 10-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Registered

Get rid of the stock baffled tips if you have them & call TRICK marine and get these, Sounds like it should.
Attached Thumbnails Bought a Scarab 22-backboat.jpg  
Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered

Ive been trough my boat from bow light to prop, any questions you have I would be glad to help.
Dennis
[email protected].
Dennis
Old 10-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-Andrew
Andrew,

let me know if you need anything, I just towed home a 23 Wellcraft Concept Scarab tonight wit a 220 hour 454/Bravo. I may be interested in trying out the 22 pitch 4 blade sometime on the Pantera, but have to put my other lower unit on first.

Rick

Quick Reply: Bought a Scarab 22

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.