Notices

Whats in your garage?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats in your garage?

Hi all,

I'm buying a house with a garage that I plan on using to store and do maint. and general up keep on the Scarab. what comes to mind to you when you want to set up a garage just for the boat? The space I'll have will be roughly 35' wide by 40' long. Here in Baltimore County the height restriction is 15' high for garages, and I believe that is to the exterior peak of the roof. Unless I go with a flat roof and I can get a few feet more of clearance from that. Any way what tools and equipment would you use to set up a nice shop? I already have the basics down to start with, power and water. All thoughts and comments will be considered.

Thanks again,

Sulfur 1
Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

outdrive jack, a table/bench for teardown only, a table/bench for assembly only, 55 gallon drum for old oil, air and electric overhead so that if you are standing in boat you can plug in a vac or air line instead of draped over the side, some cabinets, a phone, internet with a comp, incase you need to look up and search stuff parts hunt, a roll around tool tray for moving what nots around the boat, large hot water heater and a toilet, parts washer and a lot of good light.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

JPD,

A large hot water heater? Please explain.

Thanks,
Sulfur1
Old 01-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered

Default you need

Aair compressor with all the air tools for sure....and if possable a i beam a crossed the ceiling to pull motors....
Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

dj,

Thanks for the info. not to sure if I'll be pulling motors, but I'll keep it in mind...just in case.

Thanks,
Sulfur1
Old 01-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This

Attached Thumbnails Whats in your garage?-img_0601.jpg  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks marylandmark, I'll look into that. Ok, so why does everyone hit on the air compressor item? Someone, please edumakate me.

Thanks,
Sulfur1
Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
The three maiin reasons why a growing number of do-it-yourselfers are pulling the plug on the electric tools in exchange for air tools.

1. Power to Weight

One of the biggest advantages that air tools have over electric-powerd tools is that thy do not require their own motos. Instead, a single air compressor motor converts electrical energy into kinetic energy.

Air tools deliver more torgue and higher revolutions per minute than an electric-powered tool, enabling uses to accomplish their tasks more quickly and effectively.

The power-to-weight ratio is much higher, as a result, air tools are smaller, lighter, and easier to handle. You can store ten air tools in the same spance as three to four electric-power tools.

2. Value

Accordingly to homeowner's who switched to pneumatic tools, there is an intial air compressor investment, but the inexpensive air tools and accessories quickly offset the added expense.

When you buy an air compressor, you're getting one powerful motor instead of a dozen small little motors that burn out. Air tools are considerably less expensive and last a lot longer then electric-powerd tools.

3. Versatility

Whether you're inflating tires and backyard pools or building elaborate decks, air tools are and easy-to interchange alternative to electric-powered tools.

Homeowners use a variety of air tools for different tasks, including impact wrench, spray gun, finish nailer, angle nailer and ratchet wrench. Homeowners really like the simplicity of having one power source for all these tools.

Outlets as well- put electrical outlets every so often- alternating with the air compressor outlets so the cords don't get tangled.
Holy CHIT MM , you wrote all that ???? you've been following CS around too much LMAO
Old 01-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
You kidding? Cut and paste bro- I am not that well versed! I put it in leaning letters to show the cut and paste..

I did however draw the pretty picture above!

Added bonus to compressor in the bathroom besides noise reduction is when you "blow it up" the compressor sucks the air out of the bathroom and you can put the nozzle thing on the end of the hose and squirt it down in the bilge while your buddy is working in there to "share"!
NOW THATS GOOD !!!!! , and the large Hot water tank is for the jacuzzi tub for the neighbors daughter you want to take boating this summer LMAO
Old 01-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

large hot water heater, for if you wash the boat you can use hot water to soap it with and cool to wash down with the small ones that are usually in a garge run out and you have to wait for it to heat up again. Air compressor is nice for impact guns for trailer maintnace change tires a blow nozzle to get into the crevasises(sp) in the boat to clean them out, run a bunck of different tools off of. Deffenately mount the compressor either in its own shed outside, or in a sealed up room heavilly insulated for the noise will get old when it cycles.

Quick Reply: Whats in your garage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.