Scarab P-29 #5 info wanted >

Scarab P-29 #5 info wanted

Notices

Scarab P-29 #5 info wanted

Old 02-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarab P-29 #5 info wanted

About a year ago I purchased a 1996 scarab p-29. It is #5 of 29. If anyone here may have owned this boat or knows who owned it please drop me a line. Looking for general history and maint information. Thanks,
Joe
Old 02-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where was the boat from?
Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered

Purchased the boat from shogren marine in Chicago. He did not know where it came from because he recieved it from another dealer. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is one here in Georgia that sunk and stayed under for a couple weeks but last i heard was still for sale.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbr2328
There is one here in Georgia that sunk and stayed under for a couple weeks but last i heard was still for sale.
NICE....do they have a thing like carfax for boats? Boatfax? Right after I bought my last boat I found out the first owner died on the boat and almost sunk it. Lots of problems with the boat and it took 3 years and almost 25k to work out all the problems. Mike
Old 02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P29

If you call Bruce @ 847-336-9037 he will give name of dealer we received on trade from and they can most likely get previous owner information. I know it was a local boat here in Chicago.

Team Shogren

Originally Posted by joep29
Purchased the boat from shogren marine in Chicago. He did not know where it came from because he recieved it from another dealer. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

LapseofReason here on OSO owned one for several years. The boat would have come from VA originally if it was his. I don't know what number his was, but he may be able to tell you if you PM him.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe,

I owned that boat. I bought it with 25 hours on it. If this is the same boat, it has Revolution Marine aluminum exhaust manifolds on it (which added 2 MPH). I loved the boat and hated to sell it, but I went racing in an MTI cat (Pair-a-Dice)for a couple of years and never used the P-29. Now I wish I never sold it. Best handling 29 foot v hull in big water I ever had. I will try to help answer any questions you have. Ask away!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe,

By the way, the Revolution Marine aluminum manifolds added the speed because (A) They took 200 pounds off of the transom, and (B) They added about 25 HP, which when you add it up with that hull, comes out to a good 2 MPH. The P-29 already has the boat running flat and out because of the BlackHawks, and responds to less weight on the transom more than your conventional V. Another trick to gain a mile or two is to put the K-planes down very slightly (so they are just touching the water). It makes the boat think it is longer and since the Black Hawks are keeping the boat flat, dipping the K-Planes in slightly acts like an extension box, and believe it or not does not scrub the speed. There's a guy in the south that dropped some radical 550 HP small blocks in a P-29 and is claiming mid 90's on GPS. I want to find that boat, if any of you guys know about it.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OshkoshThunder
Joe,

By the way, the Revolution Marine aluminum manifolds added the speed because (A) They took 200 pounds off of the transom, and (B) They added about 25 HP, which when you add it up with that hull, comes out to a good 2 MPH. The P-29 already has the boat running flat and out because of the BlackHawks, and responds to less weight on the transom more than your conventional V. Another trick to gain a mile or two is to put the K-planes down very slightly (so they are just touching the water). It makes the boat think it is longer and since the Black Hawks are keeping the boat flat, dipping the K-Planes in slightly acts like an extension box, and believe it or not does not scrub the speed. There's a guy in the south that dropped some radical 550 HP small blocks in a P-29 and is claiming mid 90's on GPS. I want to find that boat, if any of you guys know about it.
That sounds like having a grenade in each hand , pins pulled , and no way to put them back in!

Quick Reply: Scarab P-29 #5 info wanted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.