Scarab SCS Project >

Scarab SCS Project

Notices

Scarab SCS Project

Old 04-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarab SCS Project

Newbie to the boards here, usead to be on the Hotboat forums until they killed it....anyways, bought my SCS sight unseen from a guy in Portland who towed it down to Southern Cali for me. When I first saw it, the exterior/interior were much worst than I had thought, and I had a project on my hands!

Took the whole boat apart, redid everything (had the paint and upholstery outsourced). Lots of blood, sweat, and tears, but it came out looking sick! Here's the finished product:

Blown 502, 650 HP

Last edited by oliverm5; 04-02-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Registered

Welcome to OSO and our little SCS brotherhood
There are 5 or 6 SCS owners here so have fun and speak up.

I've seen your boat on Hotboat before.Used to go over there once in a while and look around.Very nice boat you have.Are those graphics or painted on blue type of flames?
What boost are you running on that 502?

I have a brand new Procharger still in the box in my garage.Bought January of last year.The plan is to install it this spring if I can get away from other projects.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Prostreeter;2510585]Are those graphics or painted on blue type of flames?
What boost are you running on that 502?
QUOTE]

Thanks for the welcome...all paint, 5-6 pounds boost on the blower....
Old 04-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered

awsome scs I used to have one great boat
Old 04-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered

Only kink in the boat is that I get some chine walk around 80 - 85 mph. Using a 30p bravo one on an XR drive. Any ideas? Some shops have told me that the hull is not made to handle much more speed and that I should give up trying to go faster.

Have Dana 1000 tabs, but the shave speed off as soon as they hit the water....
Old 04-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oliverm5
Only kink in the boat is that I get some chine walk around 80 - 85 mph. Using a 30p bravo one on an XR drive. Any ideas? Some shops have told me that the hull is not made to handle much more speed and that I should give up trying to go faster.

Have Dana 1000 tabs, but the shave speed off as soon as they hit the water....
Talk to Brett at BBlades about props that will work better for that hull.

Boat looks awesome.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Great looking boat! Welcome
Old 04-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Registered

For a boat of that caliber (speed wise and HP) the tabs should have been mounted parallel to the water line. With the tabs being mounted following the "V" your pulling too much drag and not fixing your problem.

Parallel to the water line would solve your chine walk an take away 60 percent of the tab contact with water at high speeds. I've never had a boat slow down with the tabs set up properly.

Boat looks great.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Registered

Default Sweet

Wow Very Nice Boat,,welcome To Our House
Old 04-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Registered

WOW, that has got to be the coolest SCS I have ever seen! I have owned one for the last 5 years and have loved every minute of it. I just sold mine today and will be buying a cat for the same reason that Oliver talked about with the Chine at 80. I ran a stock 454 at Havasu and was able to get mine to about 79. The hulls are definitely great for taking rough water, but there is only so much speed a 23 deep V can handle before it becomes a white knuckle express. I have raced and beat many a Baja in that boat just stock. If I were to have kept my boat, I would love to have done it up just like Olivers!
One thing that would be really cool is to add the blue steering wheel like what I have on mine... Here is the link...

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o21954-en.html

Quick Reply: Scarab SCS Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.