Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
My first offshore powerboat >

My first offshore powerboat

Notices

My first offshore powerboat

Old 04-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Bakersfield. I don't think most peaple around here have one of these in thier back yard. When I trailered it in people just stopped what they were doing and stared. I have the windshield frame. It was chopped a 1/3" down before I got the boat. I need to do a little detail on it and find some smoked plexi for it. If this thing had bow rails, someone already filled in the mounting holes. The rails you have....are they the ones that go down the middle?

I removed the trim level sensors on the outdrives today, broke off 2 screws, then got to retry my hand at drilling out and retapping the holes. WHEW!!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaxx 30
I'm in Bakersfield. I don't think most peaple around here have one of these in thier back yard. When I trailered it in people just stopped what they were doing and stared. I have the windshield frame. It was chopped a 1/3" down before I got the boat. I need to do a little detail on it and find some smoked plexi for it. If this thing had bow rails, someone already filled in the mounting holes. The rails you have....are they the ones that go down the middle?

I removed the trim level sensors on the outdrives today, broke off 2 screws, then got to retry my hand at drilling out and retapping the holes. WHEW!!
No-the rails are low profile and go along the outside of the bow.

I powdercoated the windshield frame and and made some cardboard templets and had some smoked acriclic cut for them....peice of cake.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

New pics.
Attached Thumbnails My first offshore powerboat-boat1.jpg   My first offshore powerboat-boat2.jpg   My first offshore powerboat-boat3.jpg  

Old 06-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure that tent is a must when it hits a 100 out were you live.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Jaxx, what size canopy's are you using and where did you get them from. I am going to do something similar to cover mine to work on it for the summer. Are you using 2 canopy's?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered

Nice!! I like how much room you have with the smallblocks- your boat looks a lot like mine- is it a s-type or a 300?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Registered

The canopies are 10x20 car ports. I also bought one enclose kit so I could wall in the front and back. I lashed the two canopies togther for 40' total. I found the canopy stuff at Kragens. It gets hot underneath so I have a fan in the cockpit to get the air moving. Now I am new to the boat thing, but you want it covered, right?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Registered

New update......I pulled the water pumps to see what impellers I was going to need. I found I have 2 different pumps-one unknown bronze and one plastic mercruiser. They appear to use the same impeller but no matter......I just bought 2 matching all bronze jabsco pumps for about $270 a pop. So again, the cash flows from the wallet..............
Old 06-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jaxx 30
New update......I pulled the water pumps to see what impellers I was going to need. I found I have 2 different pumps-one unknown bronze and one plastic mercruiser. They appear to use the same impeller but no matter......I just bought 2 matching all bronze jabsco pumps for about $270 a pop. So again, the cash flows from the wallet..............
Funny how that always seems to happen- throw the reciepts away so you don't sit down someday and add them up!!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottie150
Funny how that always seems to happen- throw the reciepts away so you don't sit down someday and add them up!!
Extremely good advice! I have all mine in a binder and there is NO way I will ever add them up....

Quick Reply: My first offshore powerboat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.