Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Sound System in your Scarab pics please >

Sound System in your Scarab pics please

Notices

Sound System in your Scarab pics please

Old 04-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LaughingCat and Kims, THANK you so much for putting those up. That certainly gives me even more ideas...especially where I will go with my amps. I was kind of having trouble deciding in the cabin or in the engine compartment. Now, I have more of an idea. You both have done an awesome job, I have to compliment you both.

Would love to see more Scarabs show up in this thread, too. Hopefully in the next month or so I can start showing my build up.

Thanks again for taking your time to provide the information and pics.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Apathetic
LaughingCat and Kims, THANK you so much for putting those up. ....Hopefully in the next month or so I can start showing my build up.

Thanks again for taking your time to provide the information and pics.

You are more than welcome.

Start posting NOW! No reason to wait. I can post plenty of pictures of corrosion and rotten wood if you think you're the only one. Make a thread from start to finish, lots of goodies / wisdom / experience to learn and share... Have fun with it, my next one will be a 38 with two turbines... just because I can and it's way overdue to have another Scarab Speed record....
Old 05-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My pleasure. Will have more photos soon. They have two or three people working to get it done for the weekend.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Registered

Laughing Cat what are the locations of your 8 speakers? I have a CC too and I'm looking to add a couple speakers in the rear of the boat facing the console, right now I have 6 speakers and 1 10" sub, going to add 1 more sub and would love 2 more speakers
Old 05-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered

One facing out on each side of overhead electronics box, one on each side of the front seats, one on each side of the oat facing the console and a set of JL Audio speakers that mount to the radar arch and can pivot in many directions. those are not installed yet. When they put 'em up, I'll post photos.

The subs are located on the sides of the console. free floating 10"s. Amps ad batteries located inside the console.

We decided not to place speakers in rear for two reasons. he back wall was too small with the equipment hatch taking most of the space. the rear side walls have ribbing which interfered.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Apathetic
btt...

Hoping SCARAB3DMC might show his system off. I love that boat and seem to recall reading it had a real nice system.

Looking to see everybody's if you're willing.

Thanks for your time.
hey buddy...I'm Workin on the boat this weekend I'll shoot some pics.... how you doing with the new boat ??..Bob's hasn't found a new one yet..
Old 05-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered

Holy Crap! Got my rig back from Buzz-Off in Tampa Friday night. Splashed and went running. Had too much fun to take photos. The system is insane. The JL Audio's mounted on the outside of the radar arch are perfect. They look like torpedos or bullets. Was running 50mph in 2-4's and could barely here the 300's roaring behind me. Will take photos this Sunday and post.

I suggest everyone get to Buzz-Off.com and drop their rigs for this set-up.

Last edited by LaughingCat; 05-07-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

standing in front of the console sounds like a dance floor in ybor. And the bass/base, sweet jesus on a stick, my gauges need lock-tight to stay on. 2000 watts of pure fury. Separate batteries, isolators, everything. You will know I'm coming from miles away.

Even have a switch for the electronic isolators. When running, select charge. When stoped, select 'beach'. Stereo doesn't touch the main engine batteries.

Last edited by LaughingCat; 05-07-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Registered

LC, that sounds bad to the bone man. I still haven't had a chance to get it going. Heck, I haven't even gotten the boat ready to be wet yet.

Keep the pics coming though, I need all the help I can get.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Default waiting to post photos.

I had to renew my membership yesterday and they haven't realeased my photo posting restriction. Will post soon. They are cool.

Wait until everyone sees my new JL Audio 'bullets' mounted on the outside of the radar arch.

Quick Reply: Sound System in your Scarab pics please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.