Differences 28 Excel vs. 29 >

Differences 28 Excel vs. 29

Notices

Differences 28 Excel vs. 29

Old 05-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow lot of stuff

8 or 9 USD is allways to much ( but with the german you can do it, if you know what i mean, over 80 € Cent tax per liter on it)

This should have a CE Certifikate

http://www.rightboat.com/advert.php/...Scarab-29.html

I saw this in the Cassifieds here for just one day

http://daytona.craigslist.org/boa/668527881.html

Must be sold with this price ( canīt belive)

The slide door cutout looks absolutly like mine, but inside it could be 2-3 inch higher and a few inch longer. Mayby the bottem and everything inside is a little deeper because the deck donīt looks higher from outside.

The standup bolsters are not what im looking for. In the 28 Excel iīve converted everthing from the original " round" seats to Automotiv performance seats, they support the shouldes very good. With a seatbelt it holds me down even in havy water or big jumps. i donīt need to grab the steeringwheel to hold me in position seat and belt does it perfekt without any pain in my back like before. I love it.
The most thing what im looking for is a little higher cabin ( when in turn from left to right in the berth my shoulders contact the inside deck.
And a softer ride in rough water ( had a 24 Pantera before, wich was softer over the sometimes 5-6 foot very short waves on our river, but not better because of the 4 foot less the the Scarab)
I think the 29 is my next boat with singe motor around 550-600 hp to be in the 70īs
the only thing is the screen on it that thakeīs out a little the "offshoreboat" feeling ( when we can talk about this with29 foot) the Excell looks better there i think.
Hmm the saison starts just now here maby somebody wants my 28 Excel ( at the end off the saison) then i have time over winter to find one ship it to Germany, get a CE Certificat (must now in Germany) make a trailer, canīt use the US- Trailerīs, no lisence for the "US brakes" (typicly german lawīs) and so on

Thanks again for all the siteīs

Hans
Old 05-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Differences 28 Excel vs. 29-tonys-scarab-12-17-04-028.jpg   Differences 28 Excel vs. 29-tonys-scarab-12-17-04-033.jpg   Differences 28 Excel vs. 29-tonys-scarab-029.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That first listing in my boat. I just dropped another 5k this month (new 08 trailer, new hatch cover, belts & hoses).
Old 06-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

Hi Kimmer

sorry i donīt saw that you answered.

I saw youre Boat before looks good, the 600 hp are nice too.
is the red stripe a red stripe or ist it purple?
Is it sold now ( out off the clasifieds)
If i had the money at the moment it would be very intresting.
But i have the 28, have never tried to sell it before and itīs hard to sell Boats because off the gas price 1.50 € / 1Liter.
I know its the best time now to buy anything from USA because of the Dollar / Euro exchange.
Also i have the problem with the CE Certification. No CE no Licence to use it in Germany. Itīs posible to get one with some EFI Motors. Donīt know how it is with carburated engine. Best ist when it comes with CE to the german Custom, then itīs normaly no problem.
At the momen it takeīs up to 6 weeks to get a place on a ship to Europe and the cost is about 5000,- USD thatīs 2000 more than 3 years ago. a Oversea container is about 2800,- but i think the wide of the boat (with trailer) is more than 94". Iīve heard they are 100" outside so maybe about 95" inside. Hmmm. Nice to to think about but iīm not able to buy realy one at the moment since i have mine.

Greatings from Germany
Hans
Old 06-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

28 excel is actaully the old 26 spyder with a built in swim platformwhen in the mold, It was only in single engine. The 29 is a differnt boat that was made in single or twin and they also made a true 28' XLT that had no platform that came in twin applications.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer
28 excel is actaully the old 26 spyder with a built in swim platformwhen in the mold, It was only in single engine. The 29 is a differnt boat that was made in single or twin and they also made a true 28' XLT that had no platform that came in twin applications.

Hope this helps.
I dont remember seeing to many of the 28xl's must of be a short production, Im thinking it kinda like the 26 Novas

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Scarab28Germany
Hi Kimmer

sorry i donīt saw that you answered.

I saw youre Boat before looks good, the 600 hp are nice too.
is the red stripe a red stripe or ist it purple?
Is it sold now ( out off the clasifieds)
If i had the money at the moment it would be very intresting.
But i have the 28, have never tried to sell it before and itīs hard to sell Boats because off the gas price 1.50 € / 1Liter.
I know its the best time now to buy anything from USA because of the Dollar / Euro exchange.
Also i have the problem with the CE Certification. No CE no Licence to use it in Germany. Itīs posible to get one with some EFI Motors. Donīt know how it is with carburated engine. Best ist when it comes with CE to the german Custom, then itīs normaly no problem.
At the momen it takeīs up to 6 weeks to get a place on a ship to Europe and the cost is about 5000,- USD thatīs 2000 more than 3 years ago. a Oversea container is about 2800,- but i think the wide of the boat (with trailer) is more than 94". Iīve heard they are 100" outside so maybe about 95" inside. Hmmm. Nice to to think about but iīm not able to buy realy one at the moment since i have mine.

Greatings from Germany
Hans
Hi Hans,

The stripes are Red, purple and blue, and the word "Scarab" is purple. THe ad in the classifieds ran out and I'm not re-listing it and will continue to run it all summer. Enjoy the one you have and post some pics!

Last edited by kimmer; 06-13-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered

Hi Kimmer

So when drive thru the saison and i allso maybe we come together in wintersaison. maybe i have some solutions for all those problems.

Iīve tried to put in some pictures so i hope iīll work

Hans
Attached Thumbnails Differences 28 Excel vs. 29-teamscarabla.jpg  
Old 06-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Scarab28Germany
Hi Kimmer

So when drive thru the saison and i allso maybe we come together in wintersaison. maybe i have some solutions for all those problems.

Iīve tried to put in some pictures so i hope iīll work

Hans
Great looking boat! Enjoy the summer!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

At the moment we wait for better wether, we was just one weekend on the Water this year so we hope for a hot long summer.

I wich you also a nice save summer without any storms

Hans