84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Notices

84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Old 06-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Scottie, your scarab turned out nice.
Thanks Jeff- but mines not done yet- I would say I am about the same place as 502ss, but I will be on the water this year!!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:33 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bri460
wow looks like its comming along nice,what are you guys paying to have a fuel tank made ,i think i might have to go this route with mine,im doing a 78 scarab 300 with i think a little history.keep us updated with pics
I got a quote from a place in NJ called SP Sheet Metal Company. They can build me a 131 gallon tank with all the fittings and an electronic tube type fuel level sender for $1150. Shipping to NH will cost me another $200. I will look local too as I had a guy build me a fuel tank for my Jet boat about 3 years ago.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottie150
Thanks Jeff- but mines not done yet- I would say I am about the same place as 502ss, but I will be on the water this year!!
I wish I could say mine would see water this year but it's not going to happen. Atleast I have my jet boat to be able to get out and play around!
Old 06-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kims
My crossmembers goes into the stringers as well as the underside of the floor. Then bolts with rubber heads goes onto the tank. On my bottom there was 8 pieces of wood glassed into the bottom to support the tank. I used 1/4" rubber bands between the support and the tank, as well as foam in the corners to make sure it stayed right where I wanted it to.

Much clearer now, Thanks for the explanation!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Registered

I am just double checking but there is a plastic PVC tube about 1" in dia that runs right in the V of the hull below the fuel tank. I am assuming this allows water to flow from the front of the boat to the engine compartment without actually entering the fuel tank area. I am asking because I damaged it when removing the tank and will need to replace it if its important.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
I am just double checking but there is a plastic PVC tube about 1" in dia that runs right in the V of the hull below the fuel tank. I am assuming this allows water to flow from the front of the boat to the engine compartment without actually entering the fuel tank area. I am asking because I damaged it when removing the tank and will need to replace it if its important.
That is what it is there for. Leave it where it goes to the walls and remove the rest. This way your new tank will have access to air and not corrode. Another issue you will solve with this that if your new tank should ever leak, you will see it right away and not build the bomb that the foam does for you... Got this from a Wellcraft enginner and it sure made sense to me after seing all that satturated foam under my tank...
Old 06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

Updated pics? Come on now- I know you're working on it- or have you been busy fishing lately?
Old 06-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered

I am working on it but not making much progress. I fianlly removed all the foam from the fuel tank area, Removed the plastic pipe that ran under the tank, used my wet/dry vac to suck all the sludge that was below the tank and in the bilge out which reminds me I think I need a new wet/dry vac now

waiting on one more quote on the fuel tank before pulling the trigger. Picked up some degreaser to clean the bilge with.

Finished the design of the new side vents, water dumps, and new dash panel in my CAD software, Talked to the machine shop at my work to schedule all my parts to be cut on the waterjet.

and still trying to enjoy the little boat on the weekends!

so to answer your question...NO I AM NOT TO BUSY FISHING!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered

Good job there mister, make sure you get a tank that is USCG approved.. Conatct IMCO before buying a tank, I think you will be impressed...

Kim !
Old 06-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kims
Good job there mister, make sure you get a tank that is USCG approved.. Conatct IMCO before buying a tank, I think you will be impressed...

Kim !
I looked at IMCO but it would cost me a fortune to ship it all the way across the country. Its bad enough its gonna cost $200 to ship from Jersey!

Quick Reply: 84 Scarab Renovation (ongoing)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.