How can I reproduce this Shirt????

Old 09-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

I didn't get any pm's?

Email me!

Randy

Originally Posted by scarab kv
Check your PMs and email. Tried to let you know about the embroidery idea and maybe establish which one of us would bid. Didn't want to just jump in there and snag it for myself, stepping on a friends toes in the process...just not my style.
Gotta say, that's the first shirt I've seen with that design. Not to worry, there will always be another.

My thoughts on this project have changed. Too many distortions in the photo and the boat dosen't have the race hatches. I'm gonna have my vinyl girl cut the the background and put it on poster board and then overlay a pic of one of my Monogram kits in photo shop. I'm work'n on one now that I'm making all the rails out of aluminum rod. More realistic scale and can be polished to a chrome finish.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gonna have my vinyl girl cut the the background and put it on poster board and then overlay a pic of one of my Monogram kits in photo shop. I'm work'n on one now that I'm making all the rails out of aluminum rod. More realistic scale and can be polished to a chrome finish.
are you buildin one of those monogram scarab 1/36 model kits?
Old 10-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by la-zdunck
are you buildin one of those monogram scarab 1/36 model kits?
Yes I am, but will have to put it to the side for a bit. Got notice this week that we have to be out of our store at the end of the month and scrambling to find a new spot and be up a run'n for the holiday season. So far I've started the engine compartment. Have to shave the molded hoses so I can put in braided lines and drill for the wiring.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

Yes I am, but will have to put it to the side for a bit. Got notice this week that we have to be out of our store at the end of the month and scrambling to find a new spot and be up a run'n for the holiday season. So far I've started the engine compartment. Have to shave the molded hoses so I can put in braided lines and drill for the wiring.
Oh-man....! that sucks! Good luck on the move, hope you find a better location?

What else is new?

Randy
Old 10-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JetJock

What else is new?

Randy
Thanks! Not a whole lot go'n on this end, except our little bomb shell. Are ya done with school now? How's the pump project com'n along? Hear anything out of Jim of late?

Wayne
Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered

All done with recurrent B767 School....not much of an issue, planning on running the Scarab to the Jacksonville Naval Air Station (NAS JAX) Airshow not this weekend but next. Had Tres Martin install new water pumps and tomorrow some new trim motors for the trim tabs, nice to have a World Class mechanic checking everything over-and he puts up with my hundreds of DUMB questions....:}
Old 10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Registered

Default The big move

Originally Posted by JetJock

What else is new?

Randy
Just an update. Found a much better location on a very busy main drag. Our intention offer was accepted last night. Will probably be pretty scarce for awhile. Need to make a lot of stuff happen in the next couple weeks. Time to start pack'n.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered
Gold Member

hope all is well, i'd like to see how your model turns out, so here's a couple pics of the one i built to motivate ya!

i'll probably do a MV replica over the winter, but i'm curious to see your project... i did a lot of custom stuff with mine, and you sound like you have the right idea, so keep me posted.
Attached Thumbnails How can I reproduce this Shirt????-slayer.jpg   How can I reproduce this Shirt????-slayer-013.jpg  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by la-zdunck
hope all is well, i'd like to see how your model turns out, so here's a couple pics of the one i built to motivate ya!

i'll probably do a MV replica over the winter, but i'm curious to see your project... i did a lot of custom stuff with mine, and you sound like you have the right idea, so keep me posted.
Looks great. Nice job. Do I see some Detail Master in the engine compartment? Looks like their resin MSD box and billet aluminum air cleaners. Looks like some custom tubing for exhaust too.

The railings in the kit are 1/16", almost twice the size it should be. 1" railing in 1/36 scale is .027. At .030 1/32" aluminum rod is as close as it gets. The 1/32 rod is kind of a b!tch to work with, cause it bends real easy. Gonna have to polish it first. Not sure how noticeable silver solder will be against the polished rod. Might just set the uprights in the deck first and then glue the main rail in place with CA. I'll post some pics when I get at it. Will be awhile now though. Will have the new shop up and run'n the first week of November and things will be crazy right through the holidays from there.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Registered
Gold Member

yep, lots of detail master.

As you already know, this model kit lacks a lot of detail, but creating all that is the fun part. I skipped out on the rails, can't wait to see how your's turn out. I'd go with zap-a-gap CA on the rails cause it's non-fogging.

It's a p.i.t.a. working with the 1/36 scale, huh? I couldn't find wires and other detailing materials, so i just used whatever 1/25 stuff looked close. I had to scratchbuild trans' and gimbals, and the molds for the hull and deck were off, so i had to widen my hull to fit. i wonder if your's is the same way.

Quick Reply: How can I reproduce this Shirt????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.